Author Topic: Android 12 one ui 4  (Read 2674 times)

Fabrizio

Android 12 one ui 4
« on: February 01, 2022, 08:09:28 pm »
After the Android 12 update on Samsung S21, Aqua doesn't open on the folder that I have chosen, but on the last one visited. If I set the account list as start screen the app open itself on account list. Account panel disabled and choose Smart folder or Inbox of one of my account aqua open itself on the last folder opened. It's very frustrating. Please fix.

Nedialko Kondev, MobiSystems, AquaMail Support

• Administrator
Re: Android 12 one ui 4
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2022, 01:41:57 pm »
After the Android 12 update on Samsung S21, Aqua doesn't open on the folder that I have chosen, but on the last one visited. If I set the account list as start screen the app open itself on account list. Account panel disabled and choose Smart folder or Inbox of one of my account aqua open itself on the last folder opened. It's very frustrating. Please fix.

Hi Fabrizio,

Thanks for your patience. We started working on this. Note that it's not a bug, but expected behavior. Android 12 will change the way the back button works, which affects out app. The new behavior matches the current behavior when navigating out of an app using the Home button or gesture:
https://developer.android.com/about/versions/12/behavior-changes-all#back-press

We're currently working on a way to keep the "old" behavior of the back button and circumvent the changes that Google applied for Android 12. We'll keep you posted, but this will take some time.

Regards,
Nedialko

Tollie

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2022, 10:07:41 am »
I think this google change also affects things like "purge deleted when exiting with back button"

I guess your code for that is in the OnBackPressed() which isn't called since Android 12  :(

I realise the solution is to wait until you have chance to implement & test the OnBackPressedCallback() and it's compatibility with previous Android versions - good luck with that, as standard google will probably change it several times as you start your changes!

Nedialko Kondev, MobiSystems, AquaMail Support

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2022, 01:09:49 pm »
Hi guys,

We targeted Android 12 in the latest build and the mentioned behavior is now fixed. You can check the Beta version available on Google Play and in here:
https://www.aqua-mail.com/forum/index.php?topic=8424.0

Regards,
Nedialko