Author Topic: Deleted messages not being moved to Deleted folder  (Read 1692 times)

fo0bar

Deleted messages not being moved to Deleted folder
« on: December 18, 2021, 02:56:45 pm »
Hi, as the title suggests, I'm seeing email messages not being moved to the deleted folder when they're being deleted in AquaMail.

In AquaMail everything seems 'normal' - I delete a message, and it's no longer in my inbox when viewing through AquaMail. However, if I log into my email via the webmail interface provided by my hosting provider, the emails are still in my inbox's root folder, and have not been moved to the Deleted Items/Trash folder.

I have ensured the folder name for deleted items is correct. I have not changed my configuration for many years, however it seems that this issue has only seemed to have appeared at the beginning of December - this is indicated by the fact I have (deleted) unread items in my inbox dating back to 2nd December - none of which are unread or even existing in my inbox's root folder.

Is there something I've missed?

Thanks for your help.

phred

Re: Deleted messages not being moved to Deleted folder
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2021, 09:57:06 pm »
It almost sounds like you're -hiding- the emails in  AM and not actually deleting them.

mkgtu

Re: Deleted messages not being moved to Deleted folder
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2021, 02:36:51 am »
I'd also check the Deleted folder under "manage folders" . In my case I use GMail (IMAP) which calls deleted items "Trash". So I need to be sure that the AM "Deleted" folder syncs with the GMail "Trash" folder. Your email provider may call the deleted folder something else. If this worked for you before, maybe that setting just got changed accidentally. If a folder is "synced" it will have a colored triangle in the upper left corner.

Another way to check if things are in sync. If you delete something on your desktop in your provider's client or website, does it end up in the Deleted folder in AM. If they're in sync it should.

I know this is the case with IMAP folders.  Not sure about POP3 because I haven't used that in years.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: December 19, 2021, 02:43:17 am by mkgtu »