Author Topic: S/MIME: Multiple identities  (Read 9519 times)

Hib27

S/MIME: Multiple identities
« on: May 28, 2021, 12:13:17 pm »
Thanks for implementing support for S/MIME and a good app in general.

I wonder whether you are planning to support S/MIME support for multiple identities, i.e. I have an account with two identities associated with the account. Both these identities use a different S/MIME certificate. However, at the moment, I cannot use both of these within AquaMail as there does not seem to be an option to link certificates to identities (rather than accounts). If I am missing anything, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Nedialko Kondev, MobiSystems, AquaMail Support

• Administrator
Re: S/MIME: Multiple identities
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2021, 10:52:18 am »
Hi,

Thanks for the interest. This is not planned for now. I'll put it down in the suggestions list, but the most desired feature enhancement at the moment is the ability to send only signed messages and add signature per message or by default. I'll be posting a dev build with the mentioned function.

The in line, according to user demand, is S/MIME for Exchange. If we get more users requesting the same thing you did, I'll make sure to give the request a higher priority.

Regards,
Nedialko

Hib27

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2021, 11:55:43 am »
That is fair enough. Thanks for adding it to the suggestions list.

Nedialko Kondev, MobiSystems, AquaMail Support

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2021, 09:26:26 am »
That is fair enough. Thanks for adding it to the suggestions list.

Hi Hib27

Here's the "work in progress" version of the app including signing per message and signing by default:
https://www.aqua-mail.com/forum/index.php?topic=8159.0

If you're up for it, please give it a go.

Regards,
Nedialko

Kasifix

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2021, 01:52:12 pm »
Please give this request a higher priority.

Thanks.

schworak

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2021, 12:06:34 am »
Yes, I would like to see S/MIME support in the AquaMail client.

It appears to support S/MIME for incoming emails that are signed, but I don't see any way to import my certificate so outgoing emails can be signed.

Martin, Aqua Mail Support

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2021, 10:22:09 am »
Yes, I would like to see S/MIME support in the AquaMail client.

It appears to support S/MIME for incoming emails that are signed, but I don't see any way to import my certificate so outgoing emails can be signed.

Hi schworak,

You can import your certificate from Settings > Manage accounts > your e-mail > End-to-End encryption > Certificate repository > Top-right option to add new certificate.

eaterofthesocks

Give S/MIME for Multiple identities a Higher Priority
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2023, 09:15:54 am »
Hi,
please give this a higher Priority. If you are using multiple identities S/MIME is currently annoying to useless. If you set signing to default, it signs the messages of the alternative identities with the wrong certificate. This sometimes causes the receiving server to classify the mail as spam.
And if I deactivate signing as default I always have to think about the identity I'm using and if the certificate matches it. Because there is no indicator what address the certificate is for.
I hope You give this feature a higher priority in your backlog. Identities are the most important feature o  AquaMail for me and currently it is not usable with S/MIME.