Author Topic: Nav Drawer Design Changes  (Read 6199 times)

Nedialko Kondev, MobiSystems, AquaMail Support

• Administrator
Re: Nav Drawer Design Changes
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2021, 09:22:44 am »
I like the addition of the drop-down arrow to see the list of accounts but I'd prefer to have the settings menu icon rather than the new account icon.  You could then remove settings from the bottom of the menu and leave the add new account in the manage accounts screen as it is very rarely used.

Hi,

The drop-down arrow is already available :) Please open the app settings > look and feel > disable "Hide the account list scree" > this will change the initial screen of the app and will add the drop-down menu in the Nav Drawer.

You can then specify where you'd like to start the app in app settings > look and feel > Start the app in.

A design look with the Settings icons added to the top:
https://xd.adobe.com/view/f683d174-c5f9-49af-8681-27d10a1c12ff-a3d0/

Regards,
Nedialko

If I have this enabled and also set to start in the smart folders view I have to press the back button twice to exit the application.  First time I press back from the message list it shows me the account list and then I have to press back again to exit.  If I have Hide the account list screen enabled then I only have to press the back button once.  Is there a way to not have to step through the account list on exit but still have the drop down list?

Hi,

No sorry. We made it work that way a long time ago. I'll put down your suggestion and we can consider it in the future if we get more user with the same request.

Regards,
Nedialko

Fabrizio

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2021, 11:26:21 am »
I hope that also in the smart folder side panel we will have the same visualization with inbox , sent, draft etc of all accounts.
Kind regards

Hi,

It will be absolutely the same. The function and logic will stay the same. We're adding a different color for highlighting (light blue instead of grey) and the icons are a bit modernized, but that's it. A design look:
https://xd.adobe.com/view/f683d174-c5f9-49af-8681-27d10a1c12ff-a3d0/

Regards,
Nedialko

Hi Nedialko so also in the smart folder side panel we will have the inbox, sent and draft folder, instead the number of days of emails in the smart folder?

Hi Fabrizio,

The smart folder will look exactly as it looks at the moment. It will not have the inbox, sent and draft folder.

You've shared that idea before (I believe) and it's part of a bigger design change that we've not yet considered.

Regards,
Nedialko

Hi Nedialko yes I've shared the idea because I think that at the moment the side panel of smart folder is totally useless for me. After that I decided in the settings number of days or week that I want to look on the smart folder,I think that it will be more useful to see unified emails folder for all accounts that we are managing with Aqua as outlook, nine, sugar and all others mail app.

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2021, 05:02:27 pm »
I must say that the "Manage Accounts" and adding an account are the two mostly used functions, according to what other users have communicated to us via tickets and a survey.

Thousands of other users didn't write you that it was perfect until today? Why should they write?

If I would see item "Manage Accounts" at the top instead of my folders - every time I open AquaMail -, then I would write you and complain.

Once the accounts are set, you will never use this menu item für years.

Hi Justin,

We had quite a discussion within our team about your (and other members') opinion.

So in the spirit of keeping the app customizable, we'll add a setting that will disable the new design and enable the old one.

Thanks for your input!

Regards,
Nedialko

Justin

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2021, 07:20:07 pm »
That might actually be the best way to go. Thanks.

edit:

BTW:
In the largest german-language Android forum (android-hilfe.de) , we have a subforum for AquaMail and have been providing some support there for years.
I don't recall anyone ever having a problem finding the button to add new accounts.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 07:23:01 pm by Justin »

phred

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2021, 08:31:45 pm »
So in the spirit of keeping the app customizable, we'll add a setting that will disable the new design and enable the old one.
This is great news. Thanks for listening to your customers.

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2021, 05:45:54 am »
That might actually be the best way to go. Thanks.

edit:

BTW:
In the largest german-language Android forum (android-hilfe.de) , we have a subforum for AquaMail and have been providing some support there for years.
I don't recall anyone ever having a problem finding the button to add new accounts.

Hi Justin,

Thanks to google translate, I check the forum there every now and then.

I spotted a link to android-hilfe.de some time ago in a topic. I believe you posted the link but I may be mistaken  :)

Regards,
Nedialko

Justin

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2021, 08:23:53 am »
Yes, it was me.

In case it's of interest to other users:
https://www.android-hilfe.de/forum/aqua-mail.2241/

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2021, 02:49:35 pm »
Hi All,

We released the beta containing the changes in the nav drawer. As promised we added a setting reverting to the old look.
https://www.aqua-mail.com/forum/index.php?topic=8318.0

You'll find it in app settings > look and feel > "Account panel quick access" (enable it to get the old drawer).

Regards,
Nedialko
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 02:51:23 pm by Nedialko Kondev, MobiSystems, AquaMail Support »