Author Topic: Emptying or deleting spam folder  (Read 2933 times)

chris122380

Emptying or deleting spam folder
« on: October 15, 2021, 08:25:41 pm »
I don't know if this is a feature, a bug, a incorrect setting or user error. Forgive me if somebody has already posted on this because I haven't seen it.

I am trying to find out a way to delete all email from a spam folder. If I try clicking "delete all" (from the folder menu) it refreshes and shows more email in the folder and I have to continue clicking "delete all" until the folder shows as being empty (this can take a while if there is a lot in the spam folder). Any suggestions?

phred

Re: Emptying or deleting spam folder
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2021, 05:01:09 pm »
Delete your spam folder contents directly from the server.

chris122380

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2021, 05:50:00 pm »
Delete your spam folder contents directly from the server.

I know I can do that but should be able to from AquaMail. Was just wondering if I was doing it wrong.

phred

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2021, 08:06:55 pm »
I know I can do that but should be able to from AquaMail. Was just wondering if I was doing it wrong.
I can't recall ever seeing an AM setting to allow deletion of the spam folder contents. Not saying there isn't one, but I've never see it. Nor can I find something looking at settings now.

Nigelmay

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2021, 11:27:47 am »
I just go to the spam folder, select 'delete all' and the job's done, although normally I use Thuderbird on the PC to delete spam so that its spam filter is updated. It had never ocurred to me that the spam folder would be any different to any other one in AquaMail.

chris122380

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2021, 07:20:18 pm »
I just go to the spam folder, select 'delete all' and the job's done, although normally I use Thuderbird on the PC to delete spam so that its spam filter is updated. It had never ocurred to me that the spam folder would be any different to any other one in AquaMail.

In my first post I was mentioning that 'delete all' doesn't delete everything just what it currently has synced pulling in more spam requiring that I continually have to click 'delete all' multiple times until no more emails show up or in essence it's not deleting everything in the folder.

Nigelmay

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2021, 07:42:04 pm »
Sorry, I obviously didn't read your post properly. From what you say, if you receive a lot of spam, you are probably having to refresh the spam folder multiple times because of the 50 message default sync setting. I receive a lot of spam, but as most of the time I am on my PC, I tend to delete it in the morning and again in the evening in Thunderbird.

chris122380

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2021, 12:41:43 am »
Sorry, I obviously didn't read your post properly. From what you say, if you receive a lot of spam, you are probably having to refresh the spam folder multiple times because of the 50 message default sync setting. I receive a lot of spam, but as most of the time I am on my PC, I tend to delete it in the morning and again in the evening in Thunderbird.

It's only one account so maybe I'll see about changing the sync size for that one.

chris122380

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2021, 12:47:00 am »

It's only one account so maybe I'll see about changing the sync size for that one.

I think I may have found a better fix. I changed the folder from "Spam, do not sync" to "sync as spam"..