Author Topic: Version 1.32.0-1860 - Beta version on Google Play  (Read 5692 times)

Martin, Aqua Mail Support

• Global Moderator
Version 1.32.0-1860 - Beta version on Google Play
« on: October 15, 2021, 04:42:55 pm »
https://www.aqua-mail.com/download/AquaMail-market-1.32.0-1860-stable-3440a718e.apk

Hi everyone,

Release 1.32.0-1860 is now available for beta testers on Google Play.

Thank you for using Aqua Mail. Here's what's new in version 1.32

Optimized for Android 11
Bug fixes and stability improvements

Спасибо за использование Aqua Mail. Вот что нового в версии 1.32

Оптимизация для Android 11
Исправления ошибок и улучшения стабильности

Android 11 optimizations bring a lot of changes related to files the app handles, sharing those files and attaching them to e-mails. The system file picker is used for most operations related to attachment management, backup & restore, saving EMLs and PDFs and more. Bugs related to file sharing have been resolved. We appreciate any feedback you have on the changes, and especially if you notice any problems on Android 11 devices!

To enroll to our Beta Group, please use this link.

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/org.kman.AquaMail

chris122380

Re: Version 1.32.0-1860 - Beta version on Google Play
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2021, 08:10:01 pm »
The "save and open" attachment bug appears to be fixed, thank you. However the cache "view" attachment method still uses a random name instead of the actual file name, unless there's some setting I'm missing (I'll do some digging to see what I can find). You would think they would write the file to cache using the attachments actual name.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 08:12:45 pm by chris122380 »

jacriado

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2021, 08:18:06 pm »
After installed new update to my two devices (Smartphone and Tablet), situation is same at both: I can't write new messages neither answer it. When I go into a new message (new one or reply), Aqua Mail crash and close app. This means at this moment I can't use the app at all.

Nedialko Kondev, MobiSystems, AquaMail Support

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2021, 09:38:26 pm »
After installed new update to my two devices (Smartphone and Tablet), situation is same at both: I can't write new messages neither answer it. When I go into a new message (new one or reply), Aqua Mail crash and close app. This means at this moment I can't use the app at all.

Hi Jacriado,

Note that this is a beta version and some stability issue are possible. Please contact us at support / at / aqua-mail / dot / com and send the crash log there.

If the app is unusable at the moment, please revert to the stable fix on Google Play.

Regards,
Nedialko

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2021, 09:41:56 pm »
The "save and open" attachment bug appears to be fixed, thank you. However the cache "view" attachment method still uses a random name instead of the actual file name, unless there's some setting I'm missing (I'll do some digging to see what I can find). You would think they would write the file to cache using the attachments actual name.

Hi,

We're working on that at the moment. If you are on Android 11, please have a good look at the app the following days and let us know if you spot something. There were a lot of changes related to the optimization and we could have missed something.

Regards,
Nedialko

jacriado

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2021, 11:26:40 pm »
I have left beta... but I should to uninstall the current beta version and install the stable one, which it means a huge of work reconfiguring everything at Aqua Mail.

I am using Android 11, yes.

I am starting to use Outlook waiting (or not, who knows) until Aqua Mail works again.

Justin

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2021, 10:24:57 am »
... which it means a huge of work reconfiguring everything at Aqua Mail.

You can easily save your settings and accounts and restore them after having installed the stable version.

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2021, 02:43:51 pm »
I have left beta... but I should to uninstall the current beta version and install the stable one, which it means a huge of work reconfiguring everything at Aqua Mail.

I am using Android 11, yes.

I am starting to use Outlook waiting (or not, who knows) until Aqua Mail works again.

Hi,

App settings are easily.backed up in Aqua Mail settings > Data storage > backup and restore.

In any case please send the crash log to support / at / aqua-mail/ dot / com.

Regards,
Nedialko

jacriado

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2021, 04:53:49 pm »
Out beta program, uninstalled beta version and installed stable one, problem remains: I can't send any email. It seems Bluemail (I am testing it) is going to be my new email app (althougj I paid several years ago for Aqua Mail).

chris122380

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2021, 05:48:07 pm »
Out beta program, uninstalled beta version and installed stable one, problem remains: I can't send any email. It seems Bluemail (I am testing it) is going to be my new email app (althougj I paid several years ago for Aqua Mail).

I have had no such issues of sending or receiving email on Android 11. Please check to make sure battery optimization is off for the app and make sure no VPN, firewalls, or other apps are interfering with the app.

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2021, 01:36:59 pm »

Hi,

Other users that reported the issue have reverted to the old version an it's working.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience, but when your are a member of the beta testing community issues with the app can occur.

Please email us at the provided support address and we'll assist.

Regards,
Nedialko

qwerty1q

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2021, 03:29:18 pm »
The app crashes in this version every time I want to open a draft email

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2021, 09:06:19 pm »
The app crashes in this version every time I want to open a draft email

Hi,

Note that this is a beta version and some stability issue are possible. Please contact us at support / at / aqua-mail / dot / com and send the crash log there.

Regards,
Nedialko

qwerty1q

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2021, 10:51:56 am »
Ok but what's the point to break something that was always working?

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2021, 11:01:37 am »
Ok but what's the point to break something that was always working?

Hi,

Crashes and bugs are an inevitable part of software development. Beta versions are not always stable and the point of releasing a beta version to a smaller part of our users is to catch these issues before releasing an update for everyone.

You can always opt out of the beta testing community, although each beta tester is extremely valuable for us.

Please note that our QA Martin and I personally tested the Drafts behavior before uploading the beta version. We still cannot crash the app, so I cannot express how important is that we get the crash log.

Regards,
Nedialko