Author Topic: Problem with groups  (Read 1550 times)

rousea

Problem with groups
« on: September 23, 2021, 01:51:11 am »
I have some of my contacts configured in groups so when I send an email I can click on the To icon then choose Groups and select the relevant group.  For example, I have a group named Lions which has 31 members.

A few days ago I opened the Contacts app on my Android phone and it reported that there were a number of entries that could be merged.  I accepted this but then found it merged associated contacts.  For example I had a husband and wife as separate contacts names Andy Slay and Debbie Slay who were both in the Lions group.  After merging all details were combined as Debbie Slay, and Andy Slay was deleted.  When I realised this I opened Google Contacts on a PC and restored records to 7 days earlier.  This resolved the issue, and restored the details in the Contacts app on my phone so Andy Slay was included in the Lions group.

Now when I click on the To icon on Aquamail and choose Contacts I can see that Andy Slay had been restored.  However, when I choose Groups he is not shown in the Lions group.  The group in Aquamail is therefore different to the group in the Contacts app.  I've tried clearing the cache in Aquamail but it makes no difference.

How can I fix this?