Author Topic: Set as default email app in Android 11 / Cannot register as email app like Gmail  (Read 1601 times)

alexr

How do I do this?

Plenty of apps nowadays have some "Open mail app" button (e.g. banking/finance apps who send a link to your email to login without a password) ... if I tap that button it shows Gmail and Samsung's Mail app to choose from, but AquaMail is not in the list.

If I adb-remove Gmail and Samsung's mail, and tap the button again, it does nothing as it can't see AquaMail as registered email app.

Clearly Gmail and Samsung's Mail apps are registered to handle mail. How can I register Aqua Mail as well?

chris122380

How do I do this?

Plenty of apps nowadays have some "Open mail app" button (e.g. banking/finance apps who send a link to your email to login without a password) ... if I tap that button it shows Gmail and Samsung's Mail app to choose from, but AquaMail is not in the list.

If I adb-remove Gmail and Samsung's mail, and tap the button again, it does nothing as it can't see AquaMail as registered email app.

Clearly Gmail and Samsung's Mail apps are registered to handle mail. How can I register Aqua Mail as well?

This looks like a device specific problem as I don't have that problem. I get the option to select it is the default email app as well as one that pops up when I click an email link. Have you tried clearing aquamail cache or the devices cache?