Author Topic: AquaMail Group in Contacts?  (Read 1456 times)

mkgtu

AquaMail Group in Contacts?
« on: September 01, 2021, 04:47:46 am »
Just noticed in my Contacts  (phone's Contacts app and Google Contacts) that there is a Group  called AquaMail. It's got 123 contacts in it. I never created any such group, nor have I ever consciously added any contacts to it. It's an odd assortment of items. Can't see any obvious rhyme or reason to why they may have been put there.

Anybody else ever noticed this? Or have any idea how or why AquaMail may have created the group?
   It doesn't include everyone I've ever written to. Or everyone I've ever received an email from. (I just did a brief random check for a few of those.)

I'm just puzzled.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

mikeone

Re: AquaMail Group in Contacts?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2021, 12:17:22 am »
There is an option in the settings -> Contacts -> scroll down to the very last item -> disable "Auto-save contacts" (message recipients) to phone Contacts.

If you deactivate, however, contacts that have already been saved are not automatically removed from your phones contact app.  You would then have to delete them manually.

mkgtu

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2021, 01:01:45 am »
So I presume these are contacts that were not already in my phone or google contacts. In other words, they are not duplicates of regular phone contacts.

I just checked and that seems to be the case. It saves any address “sent to” or “replied to” that was not already in my contact list. Google does something similar; saves them to a folder called “Other Contacts”, which includes contacts with only phone numbers as well.

Between the two, I guess all the bases are covered. So I’ll just leave things be. And actually no contacts are saved to my “phone contacts” anyway. Everything is saved as a Google contact. My phone contact list is empty except for those Verizon/Samsung “#” numbers at the top. That way all the eggs are in one backed up basket and I don’t have to search for things in two places.

Thanks for the info. No longer puzzled.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mikeone

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2021, 07:47:10 am »
Thanks for your feedback.

Your detailed answer will also help other users understand this functionality better.