Author Topic: PC version of Aqua Mail  (Read 5189 times)

Heliox

PC version of Aqua Mail
« on: June 24, 2021, 03:15:40 pm »
Is there ever going tobe a PC version of Aqua Mail?

Nedialko Kondev, MobiSystems, AquaMail Support

• Administrator
Re: PC version of Aqua Mail
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2021, 03:25:50 pm »
Hi,

Sorry to disappoint, but no such plans. We are working on the iOS app though :)

Regards,
Nedialko

cleaver

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2021, 10:22:37 pm »
Hi Nedialko,

But that's VERY good news!

I used an iPhone for a year and I switched back to Android - the main reason I did that (among many others) was that I missed AquaMail very much.

I searched thoroughly and I couldn't find in Apple's App store any IMAP client that comes even close to AquaMail's power. Not even close!

Not that I'll ever switch back to iOS, but poor Apple users deserve a good IMAP client - and they don't currently have one.

AquaMail is, hands down, the best IMAP client I've ever used, on any platform (including PC). I run my own mail server at home on a raspberry pi running Debian - Dovecot + Postfix - I'm very picky when it comes to IMAP clients. I'm managing server-side sieve filters to organize my mail into folders on the server. AquaMail is among the very few mobile IMAP clients which allow you to subscribe for PUSH email to multiple IMAP folders, not only INBOX - this is crucial to me. For iOS there is simply no such option - or I couldn't find one.

Please don't stop what you're doing guys, AquaMail is amazing. I'm a Pro user and this app is worth every penny, and more. I mean it. It made me switch platforms, that must mean something! :)

Keep it up!

Best regards,

Stoycho

Nedialko Kondev, MobiSystems, AquaMail Support

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2021, 09:22:21 am »
Hi Nedialko,

I used an iPhone for a year and I switched back to Android - the main reason I did that (among many others) was that I missed AquaMail very much.

I searched thoroughly and I couldn't find in Apple's App store any IMAP client that comes even close to AquaMail's power. Not even close!

Not that I'll ever switch back to iOS, but poor Apple users deserve a good IMAP client - and they don't currently have one.

AquaMail is, hands down, the best IMAP client I've ever used, on any platform (including PC). I run my own mail server at home on a raspberry pi running Debian - Dovecot + Postfix - I'm very picky when it comes to IMAP clients. I'm managing server-side sieve filters to organize my mail into folders on the server. AquaMail is among the very few mobile IMAP clients which allow you to subscribe for PUSH email to multiple IMAP folders, not only INBOX - this is crucial to me. For iOS there is simply no such option - or I couldn't find one.

Please don't stop what you're doing guys, AquaMail is amazing. I'm a Pro user and this app is worth every penny, and more. I mean it. It made me switch platforms, that must mean something! :)

Keep it up!

Best regards,

Stoycho

Hi Stoycho,

Thanks for the wonderful words.

Regards,
Nedialko

Cephas

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2021, 02:42:54 am »
I have installed and used "Android in a box", so i you are running GNU/Linux OS it may be a solution ? -

mikeone

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2021, 12:16:58 am »
Hi Nedialko,

Keep it up!

Best regards,

Stoycho

Hi Stoycho,

Regards,
Nedialko

Hi Nedialko,

I can only agree with what Stoycho [cleaver] said. I switched to iOS in November 2020 and AquaMail is the (only) reason I still have my Android phone running in parallel to this day.

If there is a possibility, I am happy to install a beta version via iOS TestFlight application and give feedback to your development team.

Kindest regards
Mike [mikeone]

Martin, Aqua Mail Support

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2021, 09:22:11 pm »
Hi Nedialko,

Keep it up!

Best regards,

Stoycho

Hi Stoycho,

Regards,
Nedialko

Hi Nedialko,

I can only agree with what Stoycho [cleaver] said. I switched to iOS in November 2020 and AquaMail is the (only) reason I still have my Android phone running in parallel to this day.

If there is a possibility, I am happy to install a beta version via iOS TestFlight application and give feedback to your development team.

Kindest regards
Mike [mikeone]

Hi Mike,

Please drop us an e-mail at the support@aqua-mail.com mailbox. I'm compiling a list of users who ask/want to try the iOS app when available and we'll be e-mailing everyone when it's available for test/feedback from a wider audience. That way I'll have your e-mail to notify you. :)

Martin

mikeone

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2021, 11:57:59 pm »
Done  8)