Author Topic: Contacts from exchange account not showing up on android contacts  (Read 7156 times)

JSSMarathon

Since the update last night, my contacts in my business email account are not showing up any longer in the android contacts app.

I didn't change any settings

Removed the account and added the account again and they are just not showing up

This is a real problem, any ideas?

JSSMarathon

Re: Contacts from exchange account not showing up on android contacts
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2021, 09:19:52 pm »
I'm I the only one that has this problem, I just did a full reset and reinstalled everything and no contacts showing up from aquamail

Tom75

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2021, 01:18:16 am »
I have the same issue. On Android 11
I can see AQM Exchange account in the contacts app. but contacts read 0.
Interesting is, that contact groups and companies did sync.
This bug prevents me from migrating to my new phone  >:(

cruzer619

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2021, 08:02:15 am »
ok I thought I was the only one.. good to know its not just me.  Only thing for me was I just updated the latest update release for Samsung Note 20 Ultra on Tmobile.  Then lost my contacts.  Thought it was the update that did it.. maybe it did.. but tried to reinstall app and no luck.. no contacts showing up.  Temporarily installed outlook (don't really care for it) to get my contacts back.

NOTE:  just tried beta version.. still no luck.. no contacts syncing to Office 365 account.  All email and calendar items are fine.  Just contacts aren't working.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 08:12:28 am by cruzer619 »

Martin, Aqua Mail Support

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2021, 10:58:50 am »
Hi Both,

Please let me know your device models, Aqua Mail version & which Contacts app you use and its version. There's a couple more reports in our support channel regarding this, both from Samsung users who received the Samsung August update for S/Note 20 series.

Martin

cruzer619

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2021, 07:58:52 pm »
For me was August Update, Samsung Note 20 Ultra tmobile.. on Aquamail Beta version 1.31.0-1851.. Samsung Contacts 12.7.05.8

Martin do you need me to send email to support@aqua-mail.com regarding this issue or this forum post good enough?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 08:13:02 pm by cruzer619 »

fredsmith999

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2021, 10:13:16 pm »
I have the same issue. Samsung S10 Android 11 updated last night to August patch level. Aquamail 1.30.1-1828 latest version from Play store.

Starting about the same time as the Samsung update my exchange contacts dissapeared from my android contacts app (stock Samsung dialer and contacts apps). I checked the settings in aquamail and in android settings under accounts sync but no change.

I just tried installing the official Outlook app and it synced the contacts with the phone fine.

The account is a personal account @live.com but synced as exchange for the sake of the contacts and calendars.

silentreckoning

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2021, 03:11:10 am »
Yes, this is a serious issue. I have 10 accounts now that have reported the same issues. You can use any other program with exchange to fix the syncing issue, Gmail, outlook, etc. All of them are android phones, Samsung, Galaxy S21 Ultra, series and Note 20 Ultra Series. If you use another program it will force sync Aquamail. You can create a contact on your phone and it will sync to the exchange server but if you create one on your computer etc. it no longer syncs back to the phone. All devices run version 1.29.0-1784 all use the pro unlocker. There is also a discrepancy between the contact lists by 1-2 contacts. In other words if I use Gmail and sync contacts the Gmail exchange list shows 83 contacts while the aquamail list shows 82. Cannot figure out why. All this happened after the latest android update (security update)
I use Office 365 FYI.
There is also a thought that the reason the other programs sync correctly has to do with the autodiscover records reading updated servers on a regular basis and maybe aquamail does not, this was just an idea that was tossed to me at the last moment not even sure if possible or true, just trying to include ALL info. Also tried to install google contacts to see if it was just samsung contact related, no difference. uninstalled and reinstalled as well, no difference.

Samsung Contacts 12.7.05.8
« Last Edit: September 06, 2021, 03:18:49 am by silentreckoning »

Sonartech

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2021, 09:49:58 pm »
Another report.  I mistakenly let Samsung install the August security update and it nuked the link between Aquamail and Android contacts, so now all of my phone contacts are gone.  I also rebuilt the account from scratch, rebooted, reset sync settings, etc...  The Aquamail account shows up in the Android sync contacts account section along with the Samsung account and the Gmail account, but when the Aquamail account is told to sync, it doesn't import anything into the phone contacts.  Also checked Account Options-->Exchange Options--> Sync contacts and verified it was checked.

So, Samsung definitely dorked this up.  My wife's S21 Ultra 5G somehow survived the August Security update, however, and she verified she still has her Aquamail-Andriod link.  We both use the same Exchange server setup as OATH2, but I tried it the non-OATH way as well and it still didn't sync on my Note20 Ultra 5G (Unlocked purchased from Samsung directly) using T-Mobile.

Aquamail version 1.30.1-1828
Android Phone App version 12.7.05.8
Android Call version 12.1.05.72
Android Contact App version 12.7.05.8
Android Contacts Storage version 12.7.35
Android version 11
Baseband version N986U1UEU2DUH1
Build number RP1A.200720.012.N986U1UEU2DUH1
Security software versions:
  • MDF v3.1 Release 6
  • WLAN v1.0 Release 2
  • VPN Client v2.2 Release 1.0
  • ASKS v4.0 Release 20200806
  • ADP v3.0 Release 20191001
  • FIPS BoringSSL v1.5
  • FIPS SKC v2.1
  • FIPS SCrypto v2.5
  • SMR Aug-2021 Release 1

dagwinn

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2021, 06:45:10 pm »
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one experiencing this, although I'm not glad to be experiencing it.

After installing the update from Samsung this morning, the list of contacts associated with "Aqua Mail (Exchange)" went from 170 to 12.

• Device: Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
  • Aquamail version:  1.30.1-1828
  • Samsung Contacts App: 12.7.05.8
  • Samsung Phone App: 12.7.05.8
  • Android version 11
  • Google Play System Update: August 1, 2021
  • Android Security Patch Level: September 1, 2021

Tang

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2021, 07:50:20 am »
It's happening here for me as well.
Interestingly I can create a new contact in the "Aqua Mail (Exchange)" contact repository.
That contact doesn't appear on the phone, but does on my Exchange server. Weird, huh!

Device: Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra
Aquamail version:  1.30.1-1828
Samsung Contacts App: 12.7.05.3
Android version 11
Samsung One UI version 3.1
Android Security Patch Level: 1 August 2021

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2021, 02:23:10 pm »
Hi everyone,

We got a hold of a Samsung device with the same update and confirmed the problem comes from either the update or the Samsung Contacts app.

The Google Contacts app was also tested and it works correctly despite the problematic behavior of Samsung's app. We recommend using either Google Contacts or another third-party contacts app for now. Samsung will likely sort out the problem but this will happen with another security/feature update for your devices so it may take a bit of time.

Martin

cruzer619

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2021, 08:56:08 pm »
Hi everyone,

We got a hold of a Samsung device with the same update and confirmed the problem comes from either the update or the Samsung Contacts app.

The Google Contacts app [nofollow] was also tested and it works correctly despite the problematic behavior of Samsung's app. We recommend using either Google Contacts or another third-party contacts app for now. Samsung will likely sort out the problem but this will happen with another security/feature update for your devices so it may take a bit of time.

Martin

Martin,

On Samsung Note 20 Ultra, using 3rd party contacts ( ie google ) didn't help me in my situation.  My contacts sync'd and has data..  but phone contacts, and messages don't populate contact names.  So can't see who is calling or messaging me.  I thought maybe conflict with Samsung Contacts and Google Contacts.. so I disabled Samsung contacts but even worse..  So going back to Outlook app and re-enable samsung contacts..  That workaround works but rather not have Outlook app on my phone.  Thanks for all the help, really appreciate it.

RC

xraver

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2021, 09:06:40 pm »
Same situation here with my S21

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2021, 10:20:02 am »
So, when you get calls/texts the sender is a number instead of the contact you've saved and have a name for? Am I understanding that correctly? Google's Phone app will probably do fine in that regard but I understand if you don't want to mess with things anymore.