Author Topic: Draft started elsewhere shows as if it contains images but that's not the case  (Read 2399 times)

oioioi3

Hi Kostya and team behind AM, or maybe it's just Kostya soloing it.

Love AM, but !!! I drafted an email at work on Outlook Home n Business 2016 and then just saved the draft. It is on an MS exchange servers. I then took my Android phone and AquaMail was showing the draft and all embedded (not attached) pics were also showing nicely as I had placed them on PC in Outlook. I then sent the email and then those pics are ONLY visible in the sent copy of the mail in AquaMail. None of the recipients or not even I can see them in the sent folder of my email checked from Browser of from Outlook.

So my issue is - why? If embedded pics couldn't be sent from Aqua then why were they shown in Aqua as I was finalizing the draft to send? Moreover why are they still shown now in Aqua under the sent items folder but not shown anywhere else?

I do stay with AM as my main email app but this really surprised me.

PS - another small issue. I got a Xiaomi Poco NCF X3. Installed AM on it and tried adding accouts - to my surprise the accound adding process HAD to go thru Chrome and not my default browser. Why? I had firewalled Chrome as I don't use it so this was very annoying. Moreover, I managed to get some exchange and live accounts added but still cannot add a gmail account on that phone. The process just stops as if it's loading. Even with chrome unblocked in the firewall the process still halts. Makes me think there's other things Google I don't use, which I have also firewalled and that's why but then even fully shutting down the firewall ALSO did not allow me to add the gmail account to AM. So what's happening?

Respect :)

oioioi3

So here's what I got upon trying to set up a gmail account on AM. Mind you that I did try unblocking all google things that are firewalled but it still failed.

See attachment

phred

I don't have an answer to your issues, but Kostya left AM near the end of 2018. MobiSystems is now the owner/developer of MB.

Martin, Aqua Mail Support

• Global Moderator

Love AM, but !!! I drafted an email at work on Outlook Home n Business 2016 and then just saved the draft. It is on an MS exchange servers. I then took my Android phone and AquaMail was showing the draft and all embedded (not attached) pics were also showing nicely as I had placed them on PC in Outlook. I then sent the email and then those pics are ONLY visible in the sent copy of the mail in AquaMail. None of the recipients or not even I can see them in the sent folder of my email checked from Browser of from Outlook.

So my issue is - why? If embedded pics couldn't be sent from Aqua then why were they shown in Aqua as I was finalizing the draft to send? Moreover why are they still shown now in Aqua under the sent items folder but not shown anywhere else?

I do stay with AM as my main email app but this really surprised me.

PS - another small issue. I got a Xiaomi Poco NCF X3. Installed AM on it and tried adding accouts - to my surprise the accound adding process HAD to go thru Chrome and not my default browser. Why? I had firewalled Chrome as I don't use it so this was very annoying. Moreover, I managed to get some exchange and live accounts added but still cannot add a gmail account on that phone. The process just stops as if it's loading. Even with chrome unblocked in the firewall the process still halts. Makes me think there's other things Google I don't use, which I have also firewalled and that's why but then even fully shutting down the firewall ALSO did not allow me to add the gmail account to AM. So what's happening?

Respect :)

Hi,

Is this problem with embedded images reproducible? i.e. does it happen with any draft created this way (Outlook/OWA) and then sent from Aqua Mail? If yes, please e-mail us at support@aqua-mail.com so we can have a closer look and try some troubleshooting steps to figure it out.

For Gmail login - considering you block Google apps/services, the most likely problem is exactly this. If Aqua Mail doesn't fetch your account from the phone's accounts (you tap connect and choose it from the dropdown) it will open a browser window in Android System WebView since that's how the OAUTH2 process is configured to run for devices with Google Play Services. If you want to bypass this, go to your Google Account from a web browser, enable Less secure app access and then in Aqua Mail go to Other Mail and add it as any other IMAP address.

Martin

oioioi3

Hi Martin

Thanks for the reply. I don't know if the problem is reproducible and I wish not to find out. It is irritating enough that it happened once. I was detailed enough in my previous posts to explain exactly what I did and what the outcome was. I am sure you could attempt to reproduce it and thereby validate if it's a bug worth addressing.

As to the issue with Gmail account. AM is indeed able to detect my google account with which I am logged in to my phone. What it does from there on is that it just freezes and nothing else happens, just 2 arrows supposedly rotating and nothing else.

As to the firewall blocking this process - that is not the case since I fully removed the firewall and attempted again with AM sadly with no success.

oioioi3

I now tried what you said, namely that "If you want to bypass this, go to your Google Account from a web browser, enable Less secure app access and then in Aqua Mail go to Other Mail and add it as any other IMAP address".

So it seems to have worked, thou I tried it also before and it didn't that time. Nvm, works now, just don't get why adding it the standard way wouldn't work. I do get that it will open a browser window in Android System WebView since that's how the OAUTH2 process is configured to run for devices with Google Play Services, but I think the problem might be on my end since my device is from Xiaomi and they often have everything custom so I was never presented with a browser window from System WebView.

Anyway, I'll just keep in mind your suggestion and do it that way for the future. Thanks :)