Author Topic: Deleting messages on server  (Read 1339 times)

Jaffeb

Deleting messages on server
« on: September 13, 2021, 10:13:12 pm »
I'm not even sure when it happened, but sometime in the past year, I stopped being able to delete messages from the server from my phone. AOL/Verizon.
I've seen this topic a couple of times in the past year and a half, but the answers aren't helpful for me.

My setting for "Manage Folders", Trash, is Sync with Deleted Folder.

I think one answer was to delete my email account on AquaMail, then reinstall, which I'm afraid to do. Will the phone app repopulate my old (non-deleted) emails?

Any help would be appreciated!

chris122380

Re: Deleting messages on server
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2021, 05:41:44 pm »
I'm not even sure when it happened, but sometime in the past year, I stopped being able to delete messages from the server from my phone. AOL/Verizon.
I've seen this topic a couple of times in the past year and a half, but the answers aren't helpful for me.

My setting for "Manage Folders", Trash, is Sync with Deleted Folder.

I think one answer was to delete my email account on AquaMail, then reinstall, which I'm afraid to do. Will the phone app repopulate my old (non-deleted) emails?

Any help would be appreciated!

If you make a backup before reinstalling aquamail and then restore from the backup it will pull the emails that are on the server. I would recommend changing the trash folder settings to "do not sync" and then go back and set it back to "sync with deleted folder". See if that might help.