Author Topic: Message View Button Bar not properly restored after returning to app  (Read 1547 times)

davydm

Please see attached images:

Ever since the introduction of the new button bar in the message view (first image, "correct.png"), after following a link from an email to an external browser, when I come back to AquaMail, I can see that the button bar is not properly rendered (second image, "broken.png").

Steps to repro:
1. open a mail with links (eg the captured CodeProject mail, but any newsletter with links will do)
2. tap a link
3. read a little at the article (sometimes even as long as it takes for the article to load is enough)
4. hit "back" to go back to AquaMail
5. see the broken result
6. if I hit "back" again to get back to the message list and then re-open the message, we're back to the "not broken" state

Observations:
1. The artifact looks like the original button bar, offset upward by the amount of space that the gripper on the new button drawer takes
2. Since the old button bar is still around, please could we have an option to toggle it back? I'm sure I'm not the only one who never uses the drawer, but has lost reading space because of the gripper?
3. Please fix the pictured issue

This issue has literally been around since the introduction of the button drawer. Every update, I keep hoping that it would have been fixed because it's such an obvious flaw, but every update disappoints ):
3. Please fix the issue

qwerty1q

Re: Message View Button Bar not properly restored after returning to app
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2021, 10:31:54 am »
Reported it a few months ago. No solution provided. I had to reinstall the app.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Martin, Aqua Mail Support

• Global Moderator
Re: Message View Button Bar not properly restored after returning to app
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2021, 12:02:25 pm »
Hello,

Thank you for the report! We are aware of this issue but were only able to reproduce it sporadically under different circumstances. It only happened on one of our devices, not consistently, upon locking/unlocking the phone with Aqua Mail left open in Message View.

We're still looking into it but it seems to be a rare issue so the priority is low. If your reinstall helped, it may only work upon updating from 1.26-> 1.27 though with our testing, the problem didn't occur there either

For your other questions:
2. The old button bar is still used in Two-Panel UI since the new one cannot be used there. We don't have plans to return it was an option for non-two-panel users right now.