Author Topic: SmartBox always shows SENT  (Read 5351 times)

btrc

SmartBox always shows SENT
« on: July 23, 2021, 01:02:09 pm »
Hi,

I have several accounts. One account (IMAP) has SmartBox disabled on its INBOX folder, however the SENT folder is still shown in the SmartBox and there is no option on the SENT folder to disable that.

mikeone

Re: SmartBox always shows SENT
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2021, 11:48:39 pm »
There is an option in the app's "general" settings (not account specific):

Settings > Smart Folder / SmartBox > disable the option "Sent messages" / "Gesendete in der SmartBox"

btrc

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2021, 12:45:09 pm »
But this is a global option only. Why do you provide the option per account to enable the SmartBox for INBOX folder, but only globally for the SENT folder?
I would actually add the per folder option for SENT just as it is now for INBOX, actually it could be helpful to add that option for any folder, disabled by default.

Martin, Aqua Mail Support

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2021, 11:23:11 am »
Hi mssm,

We will consider your suggestion for the future. Toggles for each folder individually will make the Smart Folder more customizable.

As for how the feature works right now - If the account's Inbox is not shown in the Smart Folder, the Sent folder of that account won't be either. So if you have the Inbox (or another plain folder), you have the Sent folder (unless you turn off the global option).

Martin

btrc

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2021, 07:34:03 pm »
Ok, this would be a reasonable feature behaviour right now.
But then it's actually a bug. Because I have disabled the INBOX from being shown at the SmartBox, while I still can see the SENT folder of that account in my SmartBox.

mikeone

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2021, 10:49:22 pm »
Hi all,

There was a discussion on this topic a few years ago between the initial developer of this app (Kostya Vasilyev) and some users:

https://www.aqua-mail.com/forum/index.php?topic=4330.msg23733#msg23733

If I understood correctly at that time, the current behavior was implemented deliberately because it is related to the conversation feature.

Kostya also explained that there are limitations to the database schema and other side effects would make an implementation a "hussar's ride."
However, it is possible that in the meantime - after the takeover by MobiSystems - the db schema has been changed (the discussion already took place in January 2016).

Best regards
Mike

btrc

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2021, 04:33:07 pm »
I'm not involved in the implementation details. However that old thread actually exactly describes my issue here, that behaviour seems not having changed in the past years.
So still looks like a bug and probably the same since years.
Either people don't use the SmartBox that much or don't have that many different accounts configured like me, while disabling some of them from the SmartBox.

mikeone

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2021, 11:12:06 pm »
I'm not sure if the current behavior is a "bug" or not.

The post linked below really describes the logic and interaction of the various settings in great detail. I myself have been using AquaMail for many years and have not had any problems with displaying messages (incoming and sent) in the smartbox / smart folder since the implementation of the conversation view.

https://www.aqua-mail.com/forum/index.php?topic=4330.msg23756#msg23756

But anyway, MobiSystems developers will surely be able to judge the problem well (if the behavior is as intended or if it is a bug)  8)

btrc

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2021, 12:45:07 pm »
Just to be sure, have you been able to reproduce the issue?

Martin, Aqua Mail Support

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2021, 03:24:37 pm »
Ok, this would be a reasonable feature behaviour right now.
But then it's actually a bug. Because I have disabled the INBOX from being shown at the SmartBox, while I still can see the SENT folder of that account in my SmartBox.

Hi mssm,

If the INBOX or any other folder is shown in the Smart folder, the same account's Sent messages will also be shown. You probably have another folder in that account set to "Sync as Plain" and the "Show in Smart Folder" is enabled.

Please keep in mind this isn't a bug. It's how it works at present. As I said before, we'll consider your feedback for changing it but it's possible we can't do so easily (as mikeone pointed out by linking the previous developer's response).

Martin

btrc

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2021, 10:02:23 am »
You probably have another folder in that account set to "Sync as Plain" and the "Show in Smart Folder" is enabled.
Maybe I have misconfigured something. On the account I have SmartBox disabled for the INBOX folder, all other folders don't have any setting about the SmartBox. From this account I still see the SENT folder in SmartBox. About Sync, yes I'm syncing this account but don't like to have it in the SmartBox. Should I disable syncing completely on that account?

btrc

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2022, 10:44:32 am »
If the INBOX or any other folder is shown in the Smart folder, the same account's Sent messages will also be shown. You probably have another folder in that account set to "Sync as Plain" and the "Show in Smart Folder" is enabled.
Ok, after a long time, I'm still not able to sort this issue out.

There is an IMAP account that has the Inbox folder set as
Code: [Select]
Synchronization: Synchronize folders

[x] Use Push Mail
[ ] Show in Smartbox
[ ] No Notifications
[x] Color id...
The Sent folder is set to
Code: [Select]
Synchronization: Sync with Sent

[ ] Use Push Mail
[x] Color id...

That IMAP account I like to hide in the smartbox. Inbox is hidden, but the Sent mails are still shown. What did you mean with sync as plain? I don't have a [ ] Show in Smartbox option for the Sent folder

Martin Kostov - Aqua Mail Support

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2022, 10:16:12 am »
Hi,

Have you tried to remove and then add the account?