Author Topic: Suggestions on recovering a disappeared email  (Read 1489 times)

MSUStevo

Suggestions on recovering a disappeared email
« on: June 24, 2021, 04:44:47 am »
I'm a Hotmail user with my Aquamail account setup as IMAP

About 3 weeks ago I used AquaMail to move several emails from Junk to Nevada 2021. One of them the confirmation email for my off-site airport parking. Today i noticed it didn't appear in the Outlook web client, but still appeared on my phone in Aquamail. I tried moving it to the Inbox, thinking this would make it visible again in Outlook, but alas it appears to have vanished for good (and of course I didn't think to take a screenshot of it first)

Any suggestions on how I might recover this email?

I've tried the common ways - Looked in Deleted, Junk, Archive, and Inbox, as well as searching for the name of the company and the email address they use, but no success

Steve
« Last Edit: June 24, 2021, 06:15:49 am by MSUStevo »

MSUStevo

Re: Suggestions on recovering a disappeared email
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2021, 06:15:26 am »
An update,

During my trip I moved about 20 emails from Junk to about 4 different folders using AquaMail. It appears about 25% of them have disappeared

Any theories as to what happened and if I have any chance of recovering them?

Steve

Nigelmay

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2021, 09:46:39 am »
About all I can think of is to ask if the folders in AM are correctly synchronised to the relevant one on the server?

phred

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2021, 11:36:06 pm »
Another suggest is to look at your hotmail account via your web browser. It might be tucked away in one of the folders there.

Nedialko Kondev, MobiSystems, AquaMail Support

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2021, 03:51:52 pm »
An update,

During my trip I moved about 20 emails from Junk to about 4 different folders using Aqua Mail. It appears about 25% of them have disappeared

Any theories as to what happened and if I have any chance of recovering them?

Steve
Hi,

Please check how you've synced the folders. Aqua Mail will only delete messages from the server if it's setup that way. One more thing to check is app settings > Mail. other > Purge [ Deleted ] on exit (this is a setting that is OFF by default.

To check folder go to Settings > Manage accounts > Select your account > Folders > Tap on the folder and select the option to sync it with the respective folder on the server (this may already be the chosen option, re-select it if so) > Refresh the account.

Regards,
Nedialko