Author Topic: Version 1.30.0-1820-dev - "work in progress" - not in Google Play  (Read 4105 times)

Nedialko Kondev, MobiSystems, AquaMail Support

• Administrator
Hi All,

https://www.aqua-mail.com/download/AquaMail-market-1.30.0-1820-develop-596e0e7f6.apk

This is a development build, containing an update to the S/MIME functionality:
- you can now sign messages by default or choose to sign per message
- you can now encrypt messages by default or choose to encrypt per message

In addition to that change we've made a visual update to "High priority" and "Request read receipt" chips in the compose screen. Check the screenshot for reference.

Regards,
Nedialko
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 07:11:20 pm by Nedialko Kondev, MobiSystems, AquaMail Support »

Messina

Re: Version 1.30.0-1820-dev - "work in progress" - not in Google Play
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2021, 11:52:33 pm »
Bene la build, ma bisognerebbe pensare anche a sistemare la sincronizzazione push affinchè funzioni in tempo reale. Sarò ripetivo ma così è. Grazie

chris122380

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2021, 02:47:25 am »
Still has the attachment renaming bug. Where if you open an attachment it will rename it to something completely weird or different than the attachments original name. For example when I open an attachment called "Friendship Dinner Flier.pdf" Aqua Mail renames it to "a1-f4-m83715-2.pdf".

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2021, 08:23:13 am »
Still has the attachment renaming bug. Where if you open an attachment it will rename it to something completely weird or different than the attachments original name. For example when I open an attachment called "Friendship Dinner Flier.pdf" Aqua Mail renames it to "a1-f4-m83715-2.pdf".

Hi,

Bug fixes are not included in this build.

Nedialko

Fabrizio

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2021, 03:49:00 pm »

Hi,

Bug fixes are not included in this build.

Nedialko

Hi Nedialko
I'm very happy about new options in your app and obviously I'm not the sales manager of your app. But I think it's just a little strange to add other functions and do not fix bugs of previous version. I think that you are not listening your customers from about two or three years and only you know why... Good luck!

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2021, 07:26:57 am »
Hi,

As I stated in the post, it's a development build and does not contain a lot of changes, besides the one I mentioned.

The developer took a look at the attachment "issue" and it's not a bug. It's how the app has always worked. Here's the current logic:

1. View or Save and Open
- when you choose the option to View a file > the app stores this in the cache > this allows you to preview the file and generates the strange/random name > if you are caching attachments on the internal storage the file is stored in: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.kman.AquaMail/files/contentCopy/
- if you choose "Save and open" > the file is stored not in the cache folder of Aqua Mail > it is stored in the "Folder for saving attachments" > by default it's the "Downloads" folder on the Internal storage > this can be managed in app settings, data storage, "Folder for saving attachments"
- if you choose "Save and open" > the file name is not altered > it is saved with the original name in "downloads" or whatever you've chosen

2. Share
- if you choose to "Share"(and you have not previously saved the file in the "downloads" folder) > the file "goes through" the cache folder > Aqua Mail generates the random/strange name > that name is used onward
- workaround in this case: before sharing the file > tap on "Just save" > then share it

To "fix" this we'll need to change the logic of how the app does this and investigate why the original developer did it this way. From my personal experience of working with Kostya, such decisions were not random.

So for the moment, until we get the full information on how this could work better, I cannot give you an estimate how, when and if we'll change it. Once we decide on something I'll communicate it in the forum.

Regards,
Nedialko

chris122380

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2021, 07:45:42 am »
Hi,

As I stated in the post, it's a development build and does not contain a lot of changes, besides the one I mentioned.

The developer took a look at the attachment "issue" and it's not a bug. It's how the app has always worked. Here's the current logic:

1. View or Save and Open
- when you choose the option to View a file > the app stores this in the cache > this allows you to preview the file and generates the strange/random name > if you are caching attachments on the internal storage the file is stored in: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.kman.AquaMail/files/contentCopy/
- if you choose "Save and open" > the file is stored not in the cache folder of Aqua Mail > it is stored in the "Folder for saving attachments" > by default it's the "Downloads" folder on the Internal storage > this can be managed in app settings, data storage, "Folder for saving attachments"
- if you choose "Save and open" > the file name is not altered > it is saved with the original name in "downloads" or whatever you've chosen

2. Share
- if you choose to "Share"(and you have not previously saved the file in the "downloads" folder) > the file "goes through" the cache folder > Aqua Mail generates the random/strange name > that name is used onward
- workaround in this case: before sharing the file > tap on "Just save" > then share it

To "fix" this we'll need to change the logic of how the app does this and investigate why the original developer did it this way. From my personal experience of working with Kostya, such decisions were not random.

So for the moment, until we get the full information on how this could work better, I cannot give you an estimate how, when and if we'll change it. Once we decide on something I'll communicate it in the forum.

Regards,
Nedialko

I just spent a few minutes experimenting with what you told me with my attachments. This is what I have found out. The problem does not exist with PDF files or images and only appears to be a problem with office documents (Word is the only one I've tested it on. I usually don't get Excel or PowerPoint documents). If I just view the document it will change the name as we talked about but does open. However, if I do a save and open it crashes Google docs (it doesn't save or open the document) and the just save does work.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 07:48:23 am by chris122380 »

arf8

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2021, 01:37:22 am »
I'm very happy about new options in your app and obviously I'm not the sales manager of your app. But I think it's just a little strange to add other functions and do not fix bugs of previous version. I think that you are not listening your customers from about two or three years and only you know why... Good luck!

Well said, clearly they don't have bug fixes as a priority.

The new attachment bug is reported, the same canned response from Martin.

The keyboard bug I reported and send multiple videos and data still not resolved.

Now they are censoring posts and deleting anything they don't like. go figure lets see if this one is also removed.