Author Topic: Gmail  (Read 7026 times)

Justin

Re: Gmail
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2021, 07:42:05 am »
You selected 5000 messages to sync for every folder? 10000 messages to cache locally? This is rather unusual and can cause problems.

I suggest using only 500 each.

Additionally only enable inbox folder and max. 2 other folders for Push.

Gmail Push works like a charm for me.

arf8

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2021, 07:46:03 am »
Only inbox is set for push that is it.

Yep 5k and 10k, this inbox is very small makes no difference in relation to this issue.

Push works fine on 1.2.27 and prior all the new releases have major delays like Fabrizio also reported.

Fabrizio

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2021, 09:18:21 am »
I didn't change anything on my app and from yesterday seems that the problem is solved alone. Yesterday I received all email in push for Gmail and exchange without any problem. I don't know what's happened and I did not restart the device.

Nedialko Kondev, MobiSystems, AquaMail Support

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2021, 09:27:44 am »
Hi Fabrizio,

The issue is not global and that's why it's hard to catch + seems that it's not caused on our end. We've this topic here, two emails from users on support and that's about it.

In any case please check my previous post and send the info to support / at sign / aqua-mail / dot / com if the issue occurs again.

Nedialko

arf8

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2021, 06:28:34 am »

We've this topic here, two emails from users on support and that's about it.

Nedialko

Just because you received emails with data to fix the bug from two people does not minimize the fact there is a problem.

Not everyone who uses this app is on this forum or even knows about it.

The keyboard bug I reported a while ago as Martin explained is now appearing on other devices as well.

You ask for info and it's provided to help solve the problem. As I stated in my case a specific version and prior has no issues, it is affecting all the newer versions since. That should at least get you a head start by looking at the code changes made.

Nedialko Kondev, MobiSystems, AquaMail Support

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2021, 01:02:55 pm »

Nedialko

Just because you received emails with data to fix the bug from two people does not minimize the fact there is a problem.

The keyboard bug I reported a while ago as Martin explained is now appearing on other devices as well.

You ask for info and it's provided to help solve the problem. As I stated in my case a specific version and prior has no issues, it is affecting all the newer versions since. That should at least get you a head start by looking at the code changes made.

On the contrary. Bugs are prioritized according to the impact. In addition to that, this is not a bug according to what I tested... And if there is an issue with push, we'll definitely catch it and handle it.

Maybe you should try Justin's advice. I sometimes actually learn stuff about the app from his contribution in the forum.

arf8

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2021, 05:57:37 pm »

Nedialko

On the contrary. Bugs are prioritized according to the impact. In addition to that, this is not a bug according to what I tested... And if there is an issue with push, we'll definitely catch it and handle it.

Maybe you should try Justin's advice. I sometimes actually learn stuff about the app from his contribution in the forum.

You also didn't believe the keyboard Bug is a bug either, but as Martin stated it is showing up on other devices as well which is why you are looking at it again.

One person testing does not absolve the fact there is not a bug/issue/problem. 

Justin's advice made no difference, and as I already stated, I only have push set to a single Inbox. This bug that is introduced occurred after 1.2.27.x

Perhaps prioritizing fixing bugs and base code should be a higher priority than adding features no one asked for; ie aquamail file manager, as if there was anything wrong with the exiting OS file manager, than not even providing an option to turn it off!!!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 06:01:36 pm by arf8 »

Justin

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2021, 06:19:17 pm »
Hi team, from 7 years I always received push Gmail notification, with your last version (1810) I receive the email after 5 or 6 hours. I did not change nothing on my app or on my account. Can you help me?
Kind regards

I just created a new thread as I have the same exact problems.

Ok, the "same exact problems" means that this is not a problem regarding Push. Since sync interval is set to 15 min by default and notification shows up after 5-6 hours, it's either a syncing problem or a problem with the notification.

What's your setting for sync interval?

Check also separate account settings.

edit:
It might be helpful to show screenshots of your
- general sync settings
- general notification settings
- general night and weekend settings
- network settings
- account separate sync settings
- account separate notification settings
- account night and weekend settings
- account IMAP options
« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 06:26:49 pm by Justin »

arf8

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2021, 06:33:45 pm »
You can't rule out push not being a problem. I can see the new emails on my desktop, however the app does not indicate an email has shown up unless I manually do a check at which point it shows up. It is definitely not a notification problem. Can't say if sync is the issue but it is default and has not changed.

I already posted a screenshot above of the sync interval which is default of 15 mins.

Settings are static, nothing is changed from 1.2.27 which works, I only use this app for 2 accounts, once upgraded to the latest versions it exhibits this bug behavior.

Also verified by using other email apps which work fine once AM is uninstalled. Similar to the keyboard bug none of those apps have that problem, it is isolated to AM and the keyboard bug was not an issue on Android 10, started as soon as the phone upgraded to Android 11. I feel like I have to run to through this song and dance every time I find a bug with this app just to make sure it is this app causing the problem and not something else.

Messina

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2021, 06:37:57 pm »
Salve dove trovo la ver. 1.2.27 visto che funziona istallo quella.

arf8

« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2021, 06:41:58 pm »
Salve dove trovo la ver. 1.2.27 visto che funziona istallo quella.

There you go:

https://www.aqua-mail.com/forum/index.php?topic=8004.0

Messina

« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2021, 06:48:56 pm »
Grazie di tutto..

arf8

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2021, 06:50:35 pm »
Il piacere è tutto mio

Justin

« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2021, 11:10:33 pm »
Can't say if sync is the issue but it is default and has not changed.

I already posted a screenshot above of the sync interval which is default of 15 mins.
You say that manually syncing works. Obviously automatic sync does not happen. And additionally Push does not work. Two different things.

I had suggested checking and compare some settings using screenshots. I don't know if it would help anything. But it seems not to be wanted by you.

arf8

« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2021, 11:14:59 pm »
You keep skipping over the fact everything works fine under 1.2.27, No Changes to any of the Settings, yet it does not work on the latest releases.

There is no smoking gun in the settings. The problem lies with the code changes made in AM after 1.2.27, so no, I'm not going to waste my time or yours, looking at settings which work just fine on an older rev! But if you want to keep ignoring the Fact above, and keep insisting it's a setting issue go ahead.