Author Topic: Gmail  (Read 7037 times)

Fabrizio

Gmail
« on: May 18, 2021, 09:30:05 am »
Hi team, from 7 years I always received push Gmail notification, with your last version (1810) I receive the email after 5 or 6 hours. I did not change nothing on my app or on my account. Can you help me?
Kind regards

Messina

Re: Gmail
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2021, 04:07:45 pm »
Anche io ho segnalato il problema molto tempo fa e tutt'ora ancora persiste.

Messina

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2021, 08:56:44 pm »
Il mio account gmail configurato in AM riceve la posta quando le pare, è snervante. Però quando è collegato al wi-fi tutto funziona alla perfezione e correttamente.....secondo me tutto è imputabile all'app AM. Gentilmente se potete sistemare sarei felicissimo.
Grazie

arf8

Push email issues
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2021, 05:39:03 am »
Anyone else having issues with push email not working properly lately on the last release and beta fix?

arf8

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2021, 05:40:11 am »
Hi team, from 7 years I always received push Gmail notification, with your last version (1810) I receive the email after 5 or 6 hours. I did not change nothing on my app or on my account. Can you help me?
Kind regards

I just created a new thread as I have the same exact problems.

arf8

Push email issues
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2021, 05:41:29 am »
Thought I was the only one but apparently not.

https://www.aqua-mail.com/forum/index.php?topic=8141.0

Fabrizio

Re: Push email issues
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2021, 10:08:42 am »
I'm having the same problem with Gmail and office 365 account. With the last versions of Aqua a lot of issues. Keyboard not popping up, we can't directly share the attachments because they cannot opened and a lot of times there is a network error and I can't send any mail. I think I will switch to outlook that unfortunately at the moment is the only one that seems works well.

arf8

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2021, 06:56:18 pm »
I thought it was just me and like you I have tested other clients and these issues are not coming up so I know it is isolated to AM at this point. Especially the keyboard problem. Not sure what more can be done, I've provided debug logs, videos etc but nothing to show for it.

This behavior with push email not immediately showing new emails is a huge problem. I have to manually check and find I miss new emails if I forget to do a manual refresh. Very frustrating.

arf8

arf8

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2021, 07:01:45 pm »
I've created a bug report for what its worth but not confident it will get resolved

https://www.aqua-mail.com/forum/index.php?topic=8151.0

arf8

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2021, 11:48:33 pm »
For what its worth, i rolled back to 1.27.2-1730 before all these updates and the push email is working again fine.

Keyboard bug is still there however.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 11:50:31 pm by arf8 »

arf8

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2021, 11:49:10 pm »
For what its worth, i rolled back to 1.27.2-1730 before all these updates and the push email is working again fine.

Doesn't make me feel any better the keyboard bug is still there.

Nedialko Kondev, MobiSystems, AquaMail Support

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2021, 12:46:41 pm »
Hi all,

First and foremost, I've merged the topics into this one. Please follow the posts here. In addition, send the following details at support / at sign / aqua-mail / dot / com and we'll investigate:
1. Aqua Mail Push and Sync settings - per account and for the whole app?

2. How often is this observed?
- all the time
- a few times per day
- a few times per week

3. Is there something that fixes this for a short period of time and then it occurs again? I.e. you kill the app, restart the device and it push works again?

4. Does the problem occur on Gmail only? If not which accounts are affected - all account or part of your accounts?

5. Check if the app is added as an exception in the battery optimization settings.
- mind that if you have automatic battery saving mode turned on, once you go back to normal mode, this sometimes may mix up the app's settings
- mind that Huawei and Xiaomi, by default, bring battery optimization settings to default state after app update
- for Samsung: Settings > Apps > Aqua Mail > Battery > Battery optimization > All apps > Aqua Mail > Don’t optimize

5.1 One more thing to check for Samsung is System settings > Device care > Battery > (⁝) menu > Settings:
- disable Put unused apps to sleep
- disable Auto-disable unused apps
- remove your app from the list of Sleeping apps
- disable background restrictions for Aqua Mail (if any)

6. Send us the device model and Android version.

7. Enable debug logging and when you observe the problem send us the debug log. How to create a log is explained on the website: https://www.aqua-mail.com/troubleshooting/

8. Are there any antivirus/ad blockers/firewall apps that may kill the app during the push process?

We're also looking into the problem and your participation will help us get to a quicker resolution (as always)

Regards,
Nedialko

arf8

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2021, 02:43:16 am »
Hi all,

First and foremost, I've merged the topics into this one. Please follow the posts here. In addition, send the following details at support / at sign / aqua-mail / dot / com and we'll investigate:
1. Aqua Mail Push and Sync settings - per account and for the whole app?

2. How often is this observed?
- all the time
- a few times per day
- a few times per week

3. Is there something that fixes this for a short period of time and then it occurs again? I.e. you kill the app, restart the device and it push works again?

4. Does the problem occur on Gmail only? If not which accounts are affected - all account or part of your accounts?

5. Check if the app is added as an exception in the battery optimization settings.
- mind that if you have automatic battery saving mode turned on, once you go back to normal mode, this sometimes may mix up the app's settings
- mind that Huawei and Xiaomi, by default, bring battery optimization settings to default state after app update
- for Samsung: Settings > Apps > Aqua Mail > Battery > Battery optimization > All apps > Aqua Mail > Don’t optimize

5.1 One more thing to check for Samsung is System settings > Device care > Battery > (⁝) menu > Settings:
- disable Put unused apps to sleep
- disable Auto-disable unused apps
- remove your app from the list of Sleeping apps
- disable background restrictions for Aqua Mail (if any)

6. Send us the device model and Android version.

7. Enable debug logging and when you observe the problem send us the debug log. How to create a log is explained on the website: https://www.aqua-mail.com/troubleshooting/

8. Are there any antivirus/ad blockers/firewall apps that may kill the app during the push process?

We're also looking into the problem and your participation will help us get to a quicker resolution (as always)

Regards,
Nedialko

You already have the debug log I sent for the Keyboard bug which is still not resolved as you are aware so you can use that same log.

Using the older version of the app it works fine no issue and no changes have been made in any of the settings. The recent changes since 1.27.2-1730 have caused this problem.

1. (Screenshot attached)

2. Everyday - all the time

3. nothing works, killing the app, rebooting the phone no difference.

4. All gmail accounts affected, do not use other accounts with this app

5. Aqual Mail and AM Paypro Key not optimized and allowed to run in the background and allowed background data usage

5.1 (Samsung will only allow apps you select as not running in background in this category since Aqua Mail is not in this list it will not show up as an app that can be be put to sleep) Not possible to put AM to sleep in device care b/c of previous option.

6. Sent already in same email with debug log for Keyboard bug

8. None

Please fix this and the Keyboard bug

arf8

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2021, 02:46:12 am »
email also sent to support