Author Topic: S/MIME signed Sent mail not displayed in other mail clients  (Read 4510 times)

af7567

S/MIME signed Sent mail not displayed in other mail clients
« on: April 30, 2021, 04:28:40 pm »
Hi
I have S/MIME enabled in AquaMail and when I use it to send mail that mail cannot be viewed in Thunderbird or my webmail account, it just comes up as empty.
I can view emails that are signed by Thunderbird OK inside AquaMail though. I am looking at the mail inside my Sent folder, the actual mail sent to the recipient does not have this problem.

I tried to find a difference between them and noticed that when AquaMail sends a message there is no blank line between the "Content-Type: multipart/signed..." line and the message contents on the copy put inside the Sent folder. This space exists in the mail which is sent to the recipient.

I tried editing the mailbox file on the server in my Sent folder and added a new line, so changed from

SEE ATTACHED PICTURE of the preview.. I couldn't post the message headers because the forum thinks I am sending an external link.

The message now displays correctly, but obviously the signature verification fails because the message has been modified.