Author Topic: Version 1.29.1-1808 - Full Google Play release  (Read 7971 times)

Radoslav Stoyanov

• AquaMail QA
  • Global Moderator
Version 1.29.1-1808 - Full Google Play release
« on: April 28, 2021, 05:45:50 pm »
https://www.aqua-mail.com/download/AquaMail-market-1.29.1-1808-stable-ccee865e6.apk

Hi all,

The update has been released on Google Play for all users.
We've addressed issues and improved from the last version with these:
In this version of Aqua Mail we:

- Did some additional improvements to the S/MIME encryption feature
- Fixed bugs and some crashes to boost/enhance the app’s performance

В этой версии Aqua Mail мы:

- Внесли некоторые дополнительные улучшения в функцию шифрования S/MIME.
- Исправили ошибки и некоторые сбои для повышения производительности приложения.

Regards,
Radoslav
AquaMail QA Team

Fabrizio

Re: Version 1.29.1-1808 - Full Google Play release
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2021, 05:12:37 pm »
App is slow to open inbox folder, and after opened a message to return to the inbox folder. What's happening?

qwerty1q

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2021, 10:11:58 pm »
App is slow to open inbox folder, and after opened a message to return to the inbox folder. What's happening?
No problem here with opening speed. But I still can't rearrange action icons, the button to pull up the bottom menu to rearrange them disappear. Yes, I reinstalled the app

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Nedialko Kondev, MobiSystems, AquaMail Support

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2021, 04:06:22 am »
Hi,

Please send us more details at support / at / aqua-mail.com. We'll need a debug log. The action icons in the message view were redesigned a few months ago and according to your.screenshota you are using an older version of Aqua Mail.

No problem here with opening speed. But I still can't rearrange action icons, the button to pull up the bottom menu to rearrange them disappear. Yes, I reinstalled the app

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2021, 04:12:00 am »
Hi Fabrizio,

Please reduce the messages to sync and messages to cache to minimum and try to open the Inbox again
 Check if it's slow. Does this occur on all accounts or just a specific one?

qwerty1q

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2021, 07:56:45 am »
Hi,

Please send us more details at support / at / aqua-mail.com. We'll need a debug log. The action icons in the message view were redesigned a few months ago and according to your.screenshota you are using an older version of Aqua Mail.

No. I'm using the most recent.

Fabrizio

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2021, 11:36:53 am »
Hi Fabrizio,

Please reduce the messages to sync and messages to cache to minimum and try to open the Inbox again

Hi Nedialko
Reduced the messages to sync and messages to cache and now it's ok. I have one request for you. I'm using Aqua from 7 years , and I use it with two accounts one for my job and one personal address. Is it possible to add to Aqua the option to have on the left side panel of smart folder, the sent, draft, and inbox folder for all the accounts like outlook, nine etc. Now on smart folder there is only the days number that we want to have synced. I think it would be useful for who manage more than one account.

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2021, 01:06:04 pm »
Thank you. Can you please increase the numbers again to cause the issue and capture it in a debug log?

As for he Smart Folder, we are planning a redesign there and I've been putting down on a list ideas from the forum. This is a great idea. When I've more specific information about what we're thinking of, I'll let you know.

Hi Fabrizio,

Hi Nedialko
Reduced the messages to sync and messages to cache and now it's ok. I have one request for you. I'm using Aqua from 7 years , and I use it with two accounts one for my job and one personal address. Is it possible to add to Aqua the option to have on the left side panel of smart folder, the sent, draft, and inbox folder for all the accounts like outlook, nine etc. Now on smart folder there is only the days number that we want to have synced. I think it would be useful for who manage more than one account.

Norathus

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2021, 03:04:59 pm »
Is there any timeline for S/MIME signing (and maybe encryption) on Exchange accounts?

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2021, 04:47:14 pm »
Hi,

It's in the list. We'll get IMAP and POP3 issues sorted first and then we'll move forward to exchange.

We'll keep you posted here and maybe upload a work in progress version in the forum before going to beta.

Is there any timeline for S/MIME signing (and maybe encryption) on Exchange accounts?

Fabrizio

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2021, 06:30:49 pm »
Hi Nedialko if I increase number of messages and cache messages the app is a quite slow. I have just a little delay when I open the smart folder that the messages appear, for a moment the screen remains blank and then the messages appear. Same thing after opening an email to return to the message list. Thanks for the update about the smart folder, and please add option to read saved email as EML with the attachments and also to read MSG format.

Thank you. Can you please increase the numbers again to cause the issue and capture it in a debug log?

As for he Smart Folder, we are planning a redesign there and I've been putting down on a list ideas from the forum. This is a great idea. When I've more specific information about what we're thinking of, I'll let you know.

Hi Fabrizio,

Hi Nedialko

arf8

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2021, 09:30:16 pm »
Did you see the video I sent to support and Martin about the keyboard bug still not being resolved?

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2021, 09:58:51 pm »
Yes. And we'll have another go at fixing it.

Did you see the video I sent to support and Martin about the keyboard bug still not being resolved?

arf8

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2021, 10:49:40 pm »
Yes. And we'll have another go at fixing it.

thanks, let me know what data you need to help facilitate the resolution. Reach me by email it is faster.

Tokamak

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2021, 08:53:24 am »
Hi,

I have the same problem like Fabrizio. Aquamail has become slow, even after setting cached messages to lowest value.

Often, not always, I need to wait for opening or closing anything, inbox or email. It seems that at this point in time some sync takes place in parallel, according to the icon shown in the status bar.

Unfortunately I cannot say whether this problem is caused by the newest release, because I upgraded my phone in parallel from Android 10 to 11. So the problem could be related to Aquamail plus Android 11.

All other apps are working fine with Android 11, so I would say that this is an Aquamail issue.