Author Topic: Missing Deleted emails  (Read 1322 times)

makitso

Missing Deleted emails
« on: April 21, 2021, 05:31:39 pm »
I use AquaMail on my Pixel C tablet.  I have a gmail account with IMAP.  The problem is that if I delete an email from the inbox I can't find it again.  I have all mail synced with my gmail all mail.
However, if I go to my desktop and open my Thunderbird client I can find the specific email in the all mail folder.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 05:33:53 pm by makitso »

chris122380

Re: Missing Deleted emails
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2021, 04:33:45 am »
I use AquaMail on my Pixel C tablet.  I have a gmail account with IMAP.  The problem is that if I delete an email from the inbox I can't find it again.  I have all mail synced with my gmail all mail.
However, if I go to my desktop and open my Thunderbird client I can find the specific email in the all mail folder.

First, verify the AquaMail Manage folders is set correctly (See attached screenshot).
AquaMail FAQ - Messages returning after being deleted
To fix this issue go to Settings > Manage accounts > Select your account > Folders >
Tap "Deleted" and select "Sync with Deleted" (this may already be the chosen option, re-select it if so) > Refresh the account.

Second, if Thunderbird hasn't synced it would still show it in the all mail folder. So make sure that Thunderbird has also synced your email.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 06:53:33 am by chris122380 »