Author Topic: I keep finding my android Aquamail randomly stops checking mail  (Read 2058 times)

marko

I have Aquamail Pro on my Android phone (Samsung J7, Android 7.1.1) which has stopped reliably checking for mail.  This is shown by displaying the "Accounts" view and I see old time stamps on the last checked times (for example from the day before).  I have to hit the refresh widgets and then it seems to check mail again as it should for a while but I'll usually find them paused again a day or two.  I have Aquamail Pro version 1.29.0-1784 (ad425a709).
I need aquamail to dependably check for mail and not stop obviously.

Mark

Nedialko Kondev, MobiSystems, AquaMail Support

• Administrator
Re: I keep finding my android Aquamail randomly stops checking mail
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2021, 01:52:39 pm »
Hi,

Starting with Android 6.0 a Doze mode feature was included which optimizes memory and battery life by restricting app background usage when the device is not in use. Aqua Mail will notify you within Settings > Mail, receiving if it is not allowed to update your e-mail in the background.

You can also adjust which apps are affected by Doze mode in your device settings:

- On Samsung phones go to Settings > Device Maintenance > Battery. You’ll want the “Power saving mode” to be OFF. Under App power monitor, find Aqua Mail and change it's status to "unonitored apps".
- On Xiaomi phones go to Settings > Additional Settings > Battery & Performance > Manage apps battery usage > Whitelist Aqua Mail
- On Huawei phones go to Settings > Advanced Settings > Battery manager -> Protected apps -> Set Aqua Mail as Protected
- On ASUS phones go to the Mobile manager app > Auto-start manager > Allow for Aqua Mail
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 01:57:44 pm by Nedialko Kondev, MobiSystems, AquaMail Support »

marko

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2021, 04:32:31 am »
I've already had Aquamail in "unmonitored apps" for a long time so that's not the problem

Nedialko Kondev, MobiSystems, AquaMail Support

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2021, 10:42:45 am »
Hi Marko,

OK then, please go to the support page https://www.mobisystems.com/help-center/support/?prod=aqua-mail and fill out the contact form or email us at support /at/ aqua-mail.com and we'll investigate.

Regards,
Nedialko
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 10:24:14 am by Radoslav Stoyanov »

marko

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2021, 03:11:53 am »
no need, apparently it quit doing it and has been checking mail for a few days now.  No idea why.

arf8

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2021, 01:59:41 am »
no need, apparently it quit doing it and has been checking mail for a few days now.  No idea why.

This happens to me as well, no idea what is causing it. Reboot does not seem to fix the issue. I have both my gmail up on my PC and the phone so I can see the emails piling up on the pc but no update on the phone until I do a manual refresh and it shows up.

Like you I have AM set so it is not optimized to save battery in any manner.

When it works, it works great but it is rather frustrating when I don't receive emails when I'm not on my computer.