Author Topic: Keyboard not poping up Android 11  (Read 2234 times)

arf8

Keyboard not poping up Android 11
« on: April 12, 2021, 06:39:02 pm »
Posted this in the Bug forum, curious if anyone has found a setting within AM to fix this or if you have the same problem.

Android 11 just updated now within that if I reply forward reply all the keyboard does not pop up have to tap the messages area taking the keyboard to pop up This happens with Gboard and default Samsung keyboard.Tested this on the latest release and a version back and it behaves the same. This works fine on Android 10

I tested this in Gmail, k9 and a default Samsung email app and it behaves just fine. It's definitely a AQUAMAIL issue with Android 11.

SusanOliver

Re: Keyboard not poping up Android 11
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2021, 04:15:05 pm »
I have the same problem, too, the keyboard does not appear.When I find it, I will definitely write here.

arf8

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2021, 06:25:15 pm »
I had a response back from support They were going to look into this and hopefully resolve it by 1.3 release

arf8

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2021, 05:37:28 am »
Still not fixed, seems developers have given up on fixing this

phred

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2021, 03:06:23 pm »
You said you heard back from the developers and that they "were going to look into this and hopefully resolve it by 1.3 release."

In case you haven't noticed, current release cycle is still at 1.29.

arf8

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2021, 06:53:48 pm »
You said you heard back from the developers and that they "were going to look into this and hopefully resolve it by 1.3 release."

In case you haven't noticed, current release cycle is still at 1.29.

Not any more, per AM support, i believe they mean "now" instead of "not" "We've not stopped working on the problem. It seems very illusive. Maybe that's why Kostya did not have the time to fix it back then."

It is easier to just ignore the bug and move on i guess than resolve it. I provided all the logs, screenshots and multiple videos. Understand it does not affect everyone but it does affect some and I'm a paid users like others.