Author Topic: keyboard does not pop up within app.  (Read 3180 times)

arf8

keyboard does not pop up within app.
« on: April 12, 2021, 02:18:43 am »
Android 11 just updated now within that if I reply forward reply all the keyboard does not pop up have to tap the messages area taking the keyboard to pop up This happens with Gboard and default Samsung keyboard.

Tested this on the latest release and a version back and it behaves the same. This works fine on Android 10

arf8

Re: keyboard does not pop up within app.
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2021, 02:21:26 am »
I tested this in Gmail, k9 and a default Samsung email app and it behaves just fine. It's definitely a AQUAMAIL issue with Android 11

arf8

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2021, 02:23:45 am »
I should note, when composing a new email within the app, keyboard does show up. It is when you reply, reply-all, forward when the keyboard does not pop up.

arf8

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2021, 06:45:03 pm »
Is Aquamail support on holiday break or something? No response via emails or this forum?

arf8

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2021, 09:29:32 pm »
Tested this in newest release and it is still not resolved.

arf8

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2021, 04:24:51 am »
latest release with "bug fixes" did not fix this bug, but what else is new

arf8

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2021, 01:34:57 am »
Looks like I was able to find what is causing the bug, a setting with AM itself is causing this and apparently no one at AM cared enough to check and figure it out

arf8

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2021, 01:41:56 am »
As it turns out it has nothing to do with Android 11. It is all a setting within the AM app itself. This explains why it works fine on other email apps.

AM fix the Bug already

arf8

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2021, 02:22:06 am »
email sent to support.

Martin,
Since no one as AM could figure out what this bug was I spent time today going over each setting one by one to figure it out, you can imagine how much time it took but it should have been easy enough for your developers to figure out in a sec if you saw my videos and noticed the message background!

It has nothing to do with Android 11 and it is strictly related to AM as I stated prior other email apps works just fine.

The bug is related to Settings>Composing and Sending > "New message Editor"

With this turned off, which is how I use it, because I don't want a white background for obvious reasons and AM could not figure out how to implement this feature with a black background, the keyboard does not pop up when replying or forwarding the message. This is repeatable 100% on multiple devices. 
Now that you have the information, fix the bug finally since I had to do the leg work for your team.

phred

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2021, 03:17:11 am »
Maybe if you changed your arrogant attitude you'd get more of a response. Perhaps you're being ignored because of the way you act.

No one is forcing you to use AM. Go find another email app. Yeah, I know. You paid for it and you will use it. Just how many other apps have you paid for and given up on? Maybe you should give up on AM since you seem to complain about everything.

I can't wait to see your reply.

phred

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2021, 03:48:16 am »
Why don't you go troll elsewhere.
No thanks. Right here is good enough.

You clearly have no background in this matter and have nothing of value to add.
I've experience a couple of the same issues you are constantly complaining about, yet you don't see me making a pain in the ass of myself to the Mobi team and other forum members who read your whining. Mobi fixes issues or not, but it doesn't stop me from using the app. None of the many (many) issues you've complained about over the years stops AM from working. It's just not working the way you -think- it should work.

arf8

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2021, 04:01:02 am »
Why don't you go troll elsewhere.
No thanks. Right here is good enough.

Typical Troll response  ::)

You have nothing of value to add, Zero. You are the epitome of a troll. No cares what you think, as you bring Nothing to the table.

I'm in direct communication with the support team giving them feedback to resolve bugs I find.

No one is ignoring me, but trolls like to make assumptions so go figure

::)

phred

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2021, 04:51:14 am »
I'm in direct communication with the support team giving them feedback to resolve bugs I find.
So you're delusional as well, eh? You're carpet bombing them with complaints and you call that direct communication? How often do they reply to you? Not very often here on the forum.

No one is ignoring me, but trolls like to make assumptions so go figure
That's where you're wrong. I know of some forum members who are ignoring you. And even gave me a heads up about you. So I too have ignored you for years. Up until now, where I felt I had to say my piece, let you know what a pain in the ass you are, and now will go back to ignoring you. The only thing I regret is that I should have listened to those who advised me to ignore you.

Have a great life pestering everyone you know.

arf8

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2021, 05:07:14 am »
Lol you are funny. You know nothing and continue to make Assumptions. You know what they say about people like you... lol

You seem to miss the point. AM support and mods are not ignoring me, I don't care if people in the forum like you ignore me, please do as it spares me time responding to your assumptions and nonsense, you are a troll and bring Nothing to the table.

go troll elsewhere else and stalk someone else. You act like a petulant child who wants be to relevant. No one cares what you think, certainly not me.

All I care about is fixing bugs, now move on kid
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 05:15:06 am by arf8 »

Martin, Aqua Mail Support

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2021, 12:16:40 pm »
This is getting locked. I believe the reasons are obvious.

The bug itself is logged so it will be reviewed depending on our schedule.