Author Topic: Version 1.29.0-1784 - Staged rollout for 50% of the users on Google Play  (Read 3217 times)

Nedialko Kondev, MobiSystems, AquaMail Support

• Administrator
https://www.aqua-mail.com/download/AquaMail-market-1.29.0-1784-stable-ad425a709.apk

Hi all,

The update is currently visible from 50% of all devices, randomly picked by Google.
In this version of Aqua Mail:

- Fortified our user privacy by adding support for S/MIME encryption and signing (IMAP & POP3)
- Adapted the app for Portuguese (Brazil) language and improved Spanish translations.
- Fixed a few bugs and improved app performance.

We'd really appreciate all user feedback regarding the new S/MIME encryption and message signing feature.
If you're experiencing any issues, you can reply to this thread or email us at support/at/aqua-mail/dot/com with a more detailed description of what the exact issue is. :)

В этой версии Aqua Mail мы:

- Мы повысили конфиденциальность наших пользователей, добавив поддержку шифрования и подписи S/MIME (для IMAP и POP3)
- Адаптировали приложение для португальского (Бразилия) языка и улучшили переводы на испанский
- Исправили несколько ошибок и улучшили производительность приложения

Regards,
Nedialko
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 11:24:46 am by Nadejda Fudulska, MobiSystems, AquaMail support »

HeikoE

Hi,
the problem I described already still persists. My Android 7.1.2 tablet claims, encryption needed to be switched on, although it is.
Additionally I found yet another issue. My mobile phone (Android 9) doesn't detect any encryption at all. It simply shows a smime.p7m file as attachment.
I was searching for a button or something to select whether to sign/encrypt a mail or not. Actually it looks like the only way is disabling the end-to-end encryption at all, which is pretty hidden in several sub menus.
Regards
Heiko
PS. I use the latest build 1.29.0—1784

« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 09:28:41 pm by HeikoE »

Justin

Please hide your email address.

Nedialko Kondev, MobiSystems, AquaMail Support

• Administrator
Hi Heiko,

Please send and confirm the following info to support@aqua-mail.com:
app version (1.29.0—1784)
android version (9)
device model

I've installed the same build of app multiple times. If you see the S/MIME cert as an attachment this is the older version 1.28. As for the other problem I'll reply to your ticket with what I think the problem is.

Hi,
the problem I described already still persists. My Android 7.1.2 tablet claims, encryption needed to be switched on, although it is.
Additionally I found yet another issue. My mobile phone (Android 9) doesn't detect any encryption at all. It simply shows a smime.p7m file as attachment.
I was searching for a button or something to select whether to sign/encrypt a mail or not. Actually it looks like the only way is disabling the end-to-end encryption at all, which is pretty hidden in several sub menus.
Regards
Heiko
PS. I use the latest build 1.29.0—1784