Author Topic: Is there a system 'shortcut' to create new email? Such widget doesn't exist?  (Read 2038 times)

insession

Would like to map a button on my Android phone to directly go into the 'new message' creation window. Is that possible? Widgets available on my system only appear to do 'counters, messages, and text to speech'

Thanks,

Peter

Justin

Hi, you can create an activity as a shortcut

Available with Nova Launcher, Tasker, Activity Launcher etc.

Select AquaMail - > New Message

chris122380

Hi, you can create an activity as a shortcut

Available with Nova Launcher, Tasker, Activity Launcher etc.

Select AquaMail - > New Message

You don't need Nova launcher to do this. I think it might be Android 8 or Nine. Long press on the icon to get the shortcut list. One of them says "new message" long press and drag it anywhere on the home screen. You'll then have a new message icon shortcut.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 06:51:11 am by chris122380 »

Justin

@chris122380 Please read the OP:
Would like to map a button on my Android phone...

It's not about putting a shortcut to homescreen. He wants to use a button (e.g. volume up/down, bixby ornmaybe  long pressing home button)

Instead you need a button mapper app and link to the activity

insession

Thanks all!

Maybe it's that I am running Android 5.0 on a Note 3, but I can't find/see an aquamail shortcut or activity that is 'new message'. I do have Button Mapper 1.51 by Aaron Segaert installed, and also Next Launcher. In Button Mapper for instance, for buttons I have a menu of: actions, applications, shortcuts, system, media, and advanced - but can't find aquamail new message anywhere.

Justin

for buttons I have a menu of: actions, applications, shortcuts, system, media, and advanced - but can't find aquamail new message anywhere.
I don't know what "advanced" contains. But "activities" are missing so far.

If you use Tasker, you can create a Task using the activity. And then select this task as shortcut in Button Mapper.

insession

Thanks. Advanced contains things like ... shell command, custom key code, tasker intent, open url, zello ptt, and a couple more esoteric things.

Haven't used tasker ever. Sounds like that would be a solution?