Author Topic: Server-side Filters are not an option. Please Aquamail!  (Read 1939 times)

k8bobate

Server-side Filters are not an option. Please Aquamail!
« on: April 05, 2021, 03:07:14 am »
I love AquaMail! It nicely integrates all of my 9+ email accounts (personal x 2, work x 2, each of my kids' school and personal accounts, etc.). But it is an utter mess of thousands of messages that I cannot filter or move automatically with rules.

I've been patiently waiting for an app-side filter option for a couple of years now, knowing that AquaMail devs believe filters should be set on the mail server, not in the mail app. But that's just not feasible when you have multiple accounts, each with differing levels of filter capabilities and permission-based access.

Recently, I've considered moving to the dark side -- standalone email apps with limited functionality, just so I can better organize my life. Don't make me leave, please!

Please, please, let me clean up this list! The Smart Folder can only do so much!

Thank you for the amazing app!
- PatientlyWaitingforFilters aka k8bobate

k8bobate

Re: Server-side Filters are not an option. Please Aquamail!
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2021, 07:11:20 pm »
It's me again. After using this app for years, I'm finally at the point that I'm thinking about switching to a new app... just because there are no filter options within the app :( I have many email accounts in Aquamail and need to be able to consolidate the filters. I'm even willing to fund the company to develop this feature (within reason, of course 🤣).

Justin

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2021, 11:06:21 pm »
... knowing that AquaMail devs believe filters should be set on the mail server, not in the mail app.

I am happy that the devs know this They are right.

But that's just not feasible when you have multiple accounts, each with differing levels of filter capabilities and permission-based access.
You have 9+ accounts and you want to filter locally in all your mail clients... Wow...

Maybe a solution for you:
In all 9+ mail accounts set forwarding to your Gmail account. You'll have all your mails at one place. You can set as many filters as you want, use different labels as you like.

And of course you can set your email adresses as sender in Gmail and use all of them in AquaMail as sender.

Nedialko Kondev, MobiSystems, AquaMail Support

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2021, 06:05:10 pm »
I love AquaMail! It nicely integrates all of my 9+ email accounts (personal x 2, work x 2, each of my kids' school and personal accounts, etc.). But it is an utter mess of thousands of messages that I cannot filter or move automatically with rules.

I've been patiently waiting for an app-side filter option for a couple of years now, knowing that AquaMail devs believe filters should be set on the mail server, not in the mail app. But that's just not feasible when you have multiple accounts, each with differing levels of filter capabilities and permission-based access.

Recently, I've considered moving to the dark side -- standalone email apps with limited functionality, just so I can better organize my life. Don't make me leave, please!

Please, please, let me clean up this list! The Smart Folder can only do so much!

Thank you for the amazing app!
- PatientlyWaitingforFilters aka k8bobate

Hi,

We have a plan to start research on filtering emails. Please note that the research phase is planned to start in the beginning of 2022.

If this proves feasible and can be implemented, we'll let you know. If it proves otherwise, we'll communicate that too.

Regards,
Nedialko