Author Topic: How to transfer data and accounts from old phone to new phone + related question  (Read 2339 times)

SofiaA

I have had AquaMail Pro for 3 years and it works beautifully (hence only just signing up for this forum for the first time today), but having just gotten a new phone (Samsung Galaxy s20 FE 5G), I thought I'd get a few things fixed that have been bugging me.

1.  I started by trying to figure out if I HAVE to have two icons on my home screen....apparently I do if I am reading the forums correctly.  Is there some way to hide one of them (or banish it to page 5 of my home screen) and if so, which one is the ProUnlocker and presumably the one that has to stay visible?
2.  I tried to download the ProUnlocker from the Direct Link on Mobi, but it's telling me that it's designed for an older system. My new phone is running Android 11.  Should I go back to downloading it from GooglePlay (where I originally purchased it)?
3.  The instructions for direct downloading reference a signing up email, which I don't seem to have....is that because I purchased through GooglePlay?
4.  Once I have done the above, how do I transfer all the account settings from the old phone (Samsung S9+ running Android 10) to the new phone?

chris122380

I have had AquaMail Pro for 3 years and it works beautifully (hence only just signing up for this forum for the first time today), but having just gotten a new phone (Samsung Galaxy s20 FE 5G), I thought I'd get a few things fixed that have been bugging me.

1.  I started by trying to figure out if I HAVE to have two icons on my home screen....apparently I do if I am reading the forums correctly.  Is there some way to hide one of them (or banish it to page 5 of my home screen) and if so, which one is the ProUnlocker and presumably the one that has to stay visible?
2.  I tried to download the ProUnlocker from the Direct Link on Mobi, but it's telling me that it's designed for an older system. My new phone is running Android 11.  Should I go back to downloading it from GooglePlay (where I originally purchased it)?
3.  The instructions for direct downloading reference a signing up email, which I don't seem to have....is that because I purchased through GooglePlay?
4.  Once I have done the above, how do I transfer all the account settings from the old phone (Samsung S9+ running Android 10) to the new phone?

1. In the Samsung launcher settings you should have the option to hide the unlocker app (Each launcher varies on this. My Motorola phone doesn't give this option so it doesn't really bother me). You have to have it installed but you can have it hidden. The one that can be hidden is AquaMail pro unlocker. Aqua Mail is the one you will launch to use the app.
2. You can use the AquaMail Pro unlocker found in the FAQ. (https://www.mobisystems.com/help-center/aqua-mail/?cat=245&platform=android&qst=1387) However if you purchased it from the Play store and your device supports the Play store I would recommend using the Play store unlocker (or that's what I do).
3. That would be your Play store Gmail account (I don't believe you need to do that if your using the Play store unlocker).
4. On the old device create a backup of your AquaMail and save that backup to Google drive or OneDrive and then restore it on the new device. I'm regularly making backups in case I make a settings mistake.
Settings - Data storage - Backup & restore
More info on Backup & restore from the FAQ page - https://www.mobisystems.com/help-center/aqua-mail/?cat=244&platform=android&qst=1143

SofiaA

Thank you!!!  I think I have it all working now.  I have a few more questions about the way it appears on my phone as the new phone is slimmer than the old phone, but I will ask those separately!