Author Topic: IMAP download gets "blocked"  (Read 2261 times)

bernie

IMAP download gets "blocked"
« on: March 13, 2021, 11:31:25 pm »
This is a problem I've had for quite a while, but [for no reason that I can think of] seems to have gotten worse recently.

Every now and then [twice already today], AquaMail says "No messages" (with several refreshes).  I think that that's odd.   So I send myself an email.  And then when I refresh I get a bunch of messages [the last of them my message to myself].  I've noticed something that might be related to the problem:  when I do a refresh and it _correctly_ finds no messages it generally takes about a second and a half or a little more.  When it is not-seeing pending messages the refresh takes about a third of a second.

Anyone else seeing this kind of thing?

bernie

Re: IMAP download gets "blocked"
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2021, 11:33:35 pm »
I neglected to mention -- this with Aqua pro, v 1,28-1760 on a samsung galaxy tab-a tablet-

bernie

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2021, 06:53:31 pm »
Case in point.  I've been "checking" my email this morning -- hitting "refresh" every little while.  After a bit I"m surprised that I haven't gotten *ANY* messages recently.  So I send myself a message, wait a few seconds and refresh again.  *nine* messages come in  the times on them: 9:56, 10:27, 10:33, 10:34, 10:38, 10:41, 10:45, 10:48 and 11:01.   I sent the test message to myself at around 11, and I had refreshed right before that.  So the eight messages were sitting in my inbox for [at least] a half hour with Aqua not being able to see them... it was only when I sent a message that the pipe was  "unblocked".

chris122380

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2021, 05:09:43 am »
I have never had this issue or seen this issue in all the years I've used AquaMail. There are all kinds of things that could potentially cause this issue.

Has power save mode been turned off for this app?
What email provider?

I would start by making a backup before making any changes in case something goes more wrong , settings - Data storage - Backup & restore 
I wonder if it's similar to a problem I had years ago after setting some email filter and items came in out of order or delayed. So maybe try this, Settings - Manage Accounts - click on the account giving you issues -  Options - Account options - Messages to sync and change from number of message (default is 50) to days ( I have mine set to 60 days). Then do a manual sync and see if that helps.

Maybe also check the Settings - Mail, receiving - mail check interval. (Or maybe look through all these mail, receiving settings ).

Have you made a backup of your settings and tried to reconfigure the email from scratch and does it still do the same thing with a fresh setup?

arf8

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2021, 03:11:36 am »
This is a problem I've had for quite a while, but [for no reason that I can think of] seems to have gotten worse recently.

Every now and then [twice already today], AquaMail says "No messages" (with several refreshes).  I think that that's odd.   So I send myself an email.  And then when I refresh I get a bunch of messages [the last of them my message to myself].  I've noticed something that might be related to the problem:  when I do a refresh and it _correctly_ finds no messages it generally takes about a second and a half or a little more.  When it is not-seeing pending messages the refresh takes about a third of a second.

Anyone else seeing this kind of thing?

I see this message "No Messages" or an empty inbox when switching between mobile to wifi. It also happens at random when messages are being sent and you do a refresh. The only way to resolve it is by closing the app and opening it.

Could be somewhat related with your refresh issue. It's been like this for a long time, in my experience it is nothing new. I just deal with it by restarting the app.