Author Topic: Pictures and Videos File Manager does not find newest photos for attachments  (Read 1387 times)

Mergatroid

I have been using Aqua Mail for ages, ever since I got my Moto Z phone about four or five years ago. Might have been using it on my previous phone too.

I just purchased a Motorola One Hyper. I reinstalled Aqua Mail but it must be an updated version because some things are different. However, the one thing that is really getting on my case is that, when I want to attach a picture, and I click "pictures and videos", it does not show me the most recent pictures. In fact, I'm not even sure where it's getting the pictures from since it's showing older pictures, but not the most recent ones. As far as I know, I only have one folder on my phone with all my pictures in it, and that's the DCIM/Camera folder on my SD card.

I just took 3 photos, and when I try and attach them they are nowhere to be found. All my older pictures are in the list, but not my new ones.

I have set both of my camera apps to the correct folder on my SD card, just as I have with my last three phones. When I take a picture, I can easily find it using the Gallery or using ES File Explorer. The only place they are not showing up is when I try and attach them using the "pictures and videos" selection.

Now, if I use the little horizontal list of files (the list that seems to show icons for documents), at the right side of that list is "More", and if I use that I find my pictures (since it allows me to browse to the correct folder). However, this is an extra step. I would prefer it worked like the old version did, when I would tell it to add an attachment and it would go directly where my pictures were located.

It seems to me that the file manager for adding pictures and videos needs a browse option so we can set a default folder. By the way, exactly where is it listing these pictures from? I do not have any folders on my phone with just old pictures in them.

arf8

This is exactly why a lot of requested if they are going to force this new file manager to at least give an option to disable it as it serves no purpose and is less efficient than the native file manager.

Send an email to the developer and request an option to turn it off would be my recommendation. I like many have rolled back to prior versions.

Good luck