Author Topic: A few Newbie questions  (Read 4858 times)

Moondoggy

A few Newbie questions
« on: February 18, 2021, 12:00:38 pm »
I'm new to AquaMail and just trying to feel my way around the new app. 

I can send and receive OK but I would like to remove the Sent with Aqua Mail for Android message at the bottom of the sent message.  Can someone tell me if this can be disabled in the free version and where I can disable it?

I downloaded the free version on my android tablet and noticed there was a paid version out there as well.  Is the free version really free for as long as I want to use it or it it a trial version that requires me to upgrade to the paid version after a few days?

If the version I downloaded is truly free then is there something in the free version that will nag me to switch to the paid version?  If nothing then what is in the paid version that's not in the free version?

Are there advertisements in the free version that's not in the paid version?

Is the cost of the paid version a one time charge or is is a yearly renewal?

If you do purchase the paid version is it a per user charge (i.e. installable on multiple devices) or a per device charge?

If the app is truly free, is there a way to remove the "Go Pro" Icon at the top of the app as I'll never go pro based on what' I'm seeing right now.

chris122380

Re: A few Newbie questions
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2021, 04:44:57 pm »
Sent from AquaMail is the default signature and can be changed or deleted settings - manage accounts - select the email account - signature (this is a pro only feature).
The Go Pro message and trying to use pro features I believe are the only times you'll get prompted to upgrade. The free version does contain advertisements. The free version only allows one email account.

If you pay for it through the Google Play store and you can install it on as many devices as you choose as long as you use the same email address as it was purchased with. They will even provide the pro app apk for those not using the Play store (after purchase from the Play store) to install it on other Android devices. I'm not sure how purchasing it through the website is different.

Pro vs Free - https://www.mobisystems.com/help-center/aqua-mail/?cat=246&qst=1147
Aqua Mail's free version offers a comprehensive set of tools and customization options for the average user. For power users, we additionally offer:

Adding an unlimited number of accounts
Push mail for Exchange accounts
Mail identities (aliases)
Saving and opening e-mails as .eml
Priority notifications
Folder deletion
Ad-free use
No promo signature

If you're not sure whether these features are for you, there's always the option trying out the Pro version for 7 days with our free trial.

I have been a pro user for years so I'm not as familiar with the difference between the two.
The current Pro price is $19.99. However there are occasionally sale prices for it as this is not the price I originally paid for it.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 04:51:19 pm by chris122380 »

Moondoggy

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2021, 07:06:27 pm »
Chris,

Thanks for the reply but here's a few follow-up questions regarding the pro version.

If I go to the play store on my PC and click on the pro version it says to install the base version and the purchase provides you with an unlocker key but is this a real key that you would enter into the base install somewhere in the Apps settings somewhere?  If yes, where in Settings is this point of entry? 

My wife and I have separate Gmail accounts but all of her emails are forwarded to my email address and automatically deleted from the server so at home using Outlook 2016, all of our mail shows up in a common inbox.  When I setup our existing email client on her cell phone I did so with my credentials so when she does use the app, which is seldom, she sees my mail, her mail and mail that's common to both of us.  If I were to place the order for the Pro version through the Play Store from my phone or tablet while logged with my GMail account will I be able to use the unlocker key I purchased to unlock the app on her phone when her phone is configured with her GMail account or will I have to purchase a separate key for her phone?  I can certainly download the base version on her phone using her credentials but I'm fuzzy on whether I would be able to unlock her app with my unlocker key.  I have no issues having to purchase a separate key for her phone if necessary but naturally, I don't want to spend extra money when it's not necessary for me to do so.

Along these same lines, If the iMAP credentials used on her phone are my credentials, will the Aquamail still integrate with her list of contacts and her calendar? 

Again, if the iMap credentials used on her phone for fetching mail are my credentials, will Aquamail allow me to specify her name and her gmail account as a sender alias for outbound emails?  I would prefer that when people receive email from her using the app they see her name and her email address when simply reading her mail and when the recipient were to look at the email header.  Can the app be setup to do this?

I'm a bit fuzzy still on the issue of purchasing the Pro version.  You indicate that you've been using the Pro version for years but did you only pay for the unlocker key one time or do they make you renew your license with an annual or some periodic upgrade charge of some sort?  Most of the apps I've paid for on the Play Store are one time purchases so if you get charged over and over again, how does that work and what is the renewal fee?

chris122380

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2021, 08:39:31 pm »
Chris,

Thanks for the reply but here's a few follow-up questions regarding the pro version.

If I go to the play store on my PC and click on the pro version it says to install the base version and the purchase provides you with an unlocker key but is this a real key that you would enter into the base install somewhere in the Apps settings somewhere?  If yes, where in Settings is this point of entry? 

My wife and I have separate Gmail accounts but all of her emails are forwarded to my email address and automatically deleted from the server so at home using Outlook 2016, all of our mail shows up in a common inbox.  When I setup our existing email client on her cell phone I did so with my credentials so when she does use the app, which is seldom, she sees my mail, her mail and mail that's common to both of us.  If I were to place the order for the Pro version through the Play Store from my phone or tablet while logged with my GMail account will I be able to use the unlocker key I purchased to unlock the app on her phone when her phone is configured with her GMail account or will I have to purchase a separate key for her phone?  I can certainly download the base version on her phone using her credentials but I'm fuzzy on whether I would be able to unlock her app with my unlocker key.  I have no issues having to purchase a separate key for her phone if necessary but naturally, I don't want to spend extra money when it's not necessary for me to do so.

Along these same lines, If the iMAP credentials used on her phone are my credentials, will the Aquamail still integrate with her list of contacts and her calendar? 

Again, if the iMap credentials used on her phone for fetching mail are my credentials, will Aquamail allow me to specify her name and her gmail account as a sender alias for outbound emails?  I would prefer that when people receive email from her using the app they see her name and her email address when simply reading her mail and when the recipient were to look at the email header.  Can the app be setup to do this?

I'm a bit fuzzy still on the issue of purchasing the Pro version.  You indicate that you've been using the Pro version for years but did you only pay for the unlocker key one time or do they make you renew your license with an annual or some periodic upgrade charge of some sort?  Most of the apps I've paid for on the Play Store are one time purchases so if you get charged over and over again, how does that work and what is the renewal fee?

A lot of questions I'll try my best to answer them. Yes you need both apps. The Pro app is just the key used to unlock the free app. However if you have family link library setup you can share the Pro app with other family members. (See attachment) https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/7007852?hl=en

The key using the pro app is based on the email address used to purchase it (the Play store email) except when using family library (then it's the email address of the Google account used to download the Pro app). It's a one time purchase has to be run once to activate the Pro license (and has to stay installed but is very small app).

The IMAP contacts and calendar are based on the IMAP account used. I don't know if forwarded accounts or aliases share contacts and calendars.

I think you might also be referring to identities but I have never used these. https://www.mobisystems.com/help-center/aqua-mail/?cat=243&qst=1122
Identities allow you to choose from multiple addresses when replying to received messages. To set up an identity, go to Settings > Manage Accounts. Select your account and choose Identities. To allow replies from your identity an outgoing server must be configured when creating it. Additional customization options for sinagures, CC and BCC are available on a per-identity basis.

Moondoggy

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2021, 09:18:01 pm »
Thanks Chris, your replies were very helpful.  It's somewhat interesting that when I press the GO PRO button inside the app it says that the cost is $29.99 per year but the Play Store says $19.99 and doesn't mention an annual renewal fee.  Hopefully they haven't changed anything and it's still a one time charge and you haven't been grandfathered in.  Thanks again for your help.

chris122380

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2021, 11:02:21 pm »
Thanks Chris, your replies were very helpful.  It's somewhat interesting that when I press the GO PRO button inside the app it says that the cost is $29.99 per year but the Play Store says $19.99 and doesn't mention an annual renewal fee.  Hopefully they haven't changed anything and it's still a one time charge and you haven't been grandfathered in.  Thanks again for your help.

I would go with the Play store one the other may be a in app purchase and there might be a difference between the two.

Moondoggy

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2021, 03:37:47 am »
Thanks again.  I was able to purchase the unlocker under the family plan and got it installed on both my Android tablet and my Pixel phone so now it's a process of determining settings.

chris122380

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2021, 07:12:26 am »
Thanks again.  I was able to purchase the unlocker under the family plan and got it installed on both my Android tablet and my Pixel phone so now it's a process of determining settings.

The search in settings will become your best friend.