Author Topic: If your Yahoo account won't sync after update...  (Read 2780 times)

ABOSWORTH

If your Yahoo account won't sync after update...
« on: February 16, 2021, 05:40:57 pm »
I got an update yesterday and all of a sudden, my Yahoo account wouldn't sync.  I had tried re-entering credentials but that didn't work.  In order to get it to work, I had to remove the account and then add it fresh.  Now Yahoo is working fine again with Aquamail.  Not sure what caused the issue but I figured I'd post it hear as it is a pretty easy fix. 

chris122380

Re: If your Yahoo account won't sync after update...
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2021, 12:54:37 am »
I got an update yesterday and all of a sudden, my Yahoo account wouldn't sync.  I had tried re-entering credentials but that didn't work.  In order to get it to work, I had to remove the account and then add it fresh.  Now Yahoo is working fine again with Aquamail.  Not sure what caused the issue but I figured I'd post it hear as it is a pretty easy fix.

I have not had this issue with Yahoo on my email backups of AquaMail. However Yahoo has been changing a bunch of stuff that wouldn't surprise me if you had to use an app password instead of the account password.

Anytime I know I'm going to do something risky or may have to wipe my device I make a backup and upload it to my Google drive so I have it for later. Each time I have restored from a backup I haven't had any issues. I once had a managed folders issue with Gmail but I was able to get it fixed by recreating the account and a new backup file and haven't had a problem since.

ABOSWORTH

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2021, 03:38:36 am »

I have not had this issue with Yahoo on my email backups of AquaMail. However Yahoo has been changing a bunch of stuff that wouldn't surprise me if you had to use an app password instead of the account password.

Anytime I know I'm going to do something risky or may have to wipe my device I make a backup and upload it to my Google drive so I have it for later. Each time I have restored from a backup I haven't had any issues. I once had a managed folders issue with Gmail but I was able to get it fixed by recreating the account and a new backup file and haven't had a problem since.
It was actually just an Aquamail update, not a system update. I meant to post that but I made a new draft after I was able to get it to work. Not sure why that would happen but I do know that yahoo is a nightmare. I remember Kostya talking about it on here years ago. I'm just about to delete that account anyway. I have 2 Gmail accounts that I use also and the yahoo account mostly just gets junk now.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Nedialko Kondev, MobiSystems, AquaMail Support

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2021, 04:37:16 pm »
Hi guys,

If that same issue occurs again, please capture it in a debug log and send it at support@aqua-mail.com. If there are any error messages, please provide a screenshot of them too.

For the debugging log:
1. Open Aqua Mail > Settings > Debug
2. Enable "Debug logging"
3. Enable "Log raw data"
4. Enable "log database data"
5. Reset the log file if you've used it for something else before

Go back to Aqua Mail > perform the exact same steps leading up to the issue.  You should disable logging after that by going back to Settings > Debug. The file is located in your phone's internal storage - the default directory.