Author Topic: 'Save as PDF' added, but can't save to cloud services.  (Read 7073 times)

chris122380

Re: 'Save as PDF' added, but can't save to cloud services.
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2021, 08:15:43 pm »
I emailed the AquaMail developer
I like the new save to PDF but it only saves to the local system. Can we also get a share as PDF option? This way the PDF could be sent to other programs like sent as an email, uploaded to a cloud service, shared to social media, etc.
This is the response I received
Thank you for contacting us. You've a great idea here! I will include it our list of user suggestions to review for the future. We appreciate the input.

Justin

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2021, 12:26:54 am »
Easiest way would be letting file managers doing the job.

Nedialko Kondev, MobiSystems, AquaMail Support

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2021, 08:06:48 am »
Hey, I think it's great that 'Save as PDF' was finally added. But it's actually not useful at all for me (and I imagine most users) since it only allows selection of internal storage to save. I really have no use for saving emails as PDFs to internal storage. That gets me nowhere. I need to be able to save to cloud services like Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, WebDAV, etc.

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. You are the first one to request that. We do not have integration with cloud services as it was never needed. The original request was to be able to simply "Save as PDF" which we did :)

If we get more users requesting saving PDF to cloud we'll think about it in future update.

Justin

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2021, 09:36:25 am »
Please avoid the same mistake like the file picker.

There is no need that AquaMail should work as a file manager. Sharing as pdf is enough, then let available file managers do the job.

Wizardling

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2021, 10:02:13 am »
Indeed. It seems to me that simply utilising the share menu ought to allow users to do everything they might need to do with an exported PDF, via other apps. You shouldn't need to build integration with other services directly into Aqua Mail.
Frog blast the vent core!