Author Topic: Version 1.28.0-1752 - Staged rollout for 20% of the users on Google Play  (Read 13795 times)

arf8

Re: Version 1.28.0-1752 - Staged rollout for 20% of the users on Google Play
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2021, 01:21:04 am »
I disagree. I think it makes it much easier in picking the recently created document or file.

Usually system file picker show recently used files, too. There is no advantage with AquaMail's file picker.

Exactly

mikeone

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2021, 11:42:17 pm »

Downgraded back to older version!
I'm still with build 1.27.0-1695
 8)

arf8

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2021, 05:18:56 am »
Can't blame you one bit. They keep adding these useless features instead of adding something that could be used like notification per your contact which was request over and over.

That speech to text was the most dumbest thing I've ever seen them add. I can't imagine a single person is actually using that option.

Then they screw around with analytics in the background turning it on Even though users set it to off.

chris122380

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2021, 07:35:06 am »
Can't blame you one bit. They keep adding these useless features instead of adding something that could be used like notification per your contact which was request over and over.

That speech to text was the most dumbest thing I've ever seen them add. I can't imagine a single person is actually using that option.

Then they screw around with analytics in the background turning it on Even though users set it to off.

What is "notification per your contact" and what's it's point?

I have no issue with the file picker and I like it better then the Android file picker. The text to speech is helpful for the impaired and I have no problem with it. However, I do feel adding their own custom fonts is useless feature but not allowing gifs or other animations from gboard or SwiftKey is dumb.

"Analytics in the background" I could never reproduce (I have it off on the pro version and never had that issue).

Fabrizio

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2021, 02:41:54 pm »
Radoslav

File picker is totally useless, you added more steps to attach a file. Please remove it. Thanks

I disagree. I think it makes it much easier in picking the recently created document or file. However, I do agree that there should be an option to disable it for those who like the old method.

At the moment for me it's totally useless. When I tap on the icon to attach a file, aqua opens his file picker instead the defaul file manager, and after I have to tap again on file manager to choose the file (default file manager already shows recent files...). I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but for me there are more step to attach a file that before. It would be useful if I can attach a file directly from the received attachment. I also think that they have to implement, before the file picker, others function that would be more useful for us. I'm asking from years to save and read mail as EML, and now it's possible to save and read, but when you read the email there aren't all the attachments. Others mail app, like nine, sugar, samsung email and others, can read eml file with the attachment without any problem.... I get between 100 or 200 emails every day and for some of them, I need to save as EML and send them, but I also need to read before to send them and I need to see all the attachments that I'm sending. It's ridiculous that I have to download another app only to read correctly EML file. Mobi it's a company that is doing his work as competitor of Microsoft, and if you want to fight a giant you have to be more fast and flexible, and you have to listen your customers....That's my thought.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 02:44:05 pm by Fabrizio »

chris122380

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2021, 06:57:07 pm »
Not everyone likes the default file picker that's why people requested the AquaMail file picker. However, I do agree they should allow the user to pick wish they would rather use from settings. I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "…if I can attach a file directly from the received attachment." You can share attachments and forward them. I don't know anyone about elm or even use them. However, I have found that they are more responsive to email (support@aqua-mail.com) than oftentimes the forum.

Comparing Mobi to Microsoft, have you even attempted to use Microsoft's joke of a mobile email app. For over 5 years I have tried to get them to fix their signature portion of their application instead it only best handles plain text. Look at AquaMail updates and changes over the last 5 years compared to Outlook. Outlook is a joke and more unusable then AquaMail. This is why AquaMail is my email app of choice the only one even close to beating it is Nine. Plus I have seen more bug fixes and feature requests added to AquaMail suggested by its users then into Outlook. Microsoft doesn't listen to their customers while Mobi maybe slow it often will happen much quicker than from Microsoft instead they will just refer you back to their forum or make excuses. While with AquaMail users they can find the answer easily on their frequently asked questions page, the forum, orusually within 24 to 48 hours my emailing them. Something you would never ever see from Microsoft.

arf8

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2021, 09:33:37 am »
You sound like a Mobi employee. How funny you defend everything and are so defensive when the feedback isn't positive!

No one asked for text to speech or a new file manager first and foremost. The android file picker is not only fine but it achieves the same objective with less interaction and clicking. So yes this new useless file picker is unnecessary.

The firbase issue is well documented and known, not going to debate this with you, go look at that thread, but I'm sure you already have being a Mobi employee.

Don't insult Microsoft, Mobi can only wish they had a fraction of the market share of MS.

Mobi is good at ignoring user requests and throwing unwanted features like this and their absurd office suite alternative for paid users who called them out on it. They try very hard to push what users don't ask for but ignore what people have requested over the years.

arf8

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2021, 09:46:48 am »
I should add, whether you work for Mobi or not.

You are in the minority here, no one in this thread cares for this useless and inefficient new file picker no one asked for!!!

Notification per contact was requested mutiple times in the past, go search, it's your friend.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 09:48:47 am by arf8 »

Fabrizio

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2021, 11:10:34 am »
Chris I'm not comparing aqua with outlook because aqua is really better than outlook that I never used. Attach a file from the attachment is a great feature that nine folder that I'm using for my daily job has, and I can assure you that is really great. For EML or MSG file, you are not using it, but for example for my job I have to manage a lot of them during the day, and I need that my mail app manage them like my laptop. With nine I can save, or only open the EML file attached, or I can export as EML the mail message and after I can read it without using any third app. I think that a mail app, for professional users must be professional, I don't need another way to attach a file, but I need that the mail app on the phone do the same job of the mail app on the laptop. About my comparison between Mobi and Microsoft, I think that if Mobi wants to increase their market share, they only have to listen from their customers precisely because from Microsoft as you wrote, we will never receive a clear and decisive support response.

phred

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2021, 05:17:30 pm »
no one in this thread cares for this useless and inefficient new file picker no one asked for!!!
I agree that no one asked for a new file picker. Where I disagree is that the new picker is useless and inefficient. The first time I used it I didn't like it. Now, after using it for a little more than a week, it's not so bad. So what if it takes an extra click or two? Seriously, how long do those extra clicks take?Even if doing multiple emails, it's not going to add more than a minute. Is your time -that- valuable?

Nobody likes change. I've used it and I am now used to it. No big deal.

Justin

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2021, 06:09:28 pm »
For me it's annoying. I would love an option to get to the system file picker directly.

Imagine every app had an own file picker. There is no need.

phred

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2021, 08:11:45 pm »
For me it's annoying
To each their own. And yes, having an option would be ideal.

arf8

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2021, 08:35:40 pm »
That is the absurd statement I have ever heard.

No one wants inefficient and extra clicks, it is lazy and poor programming. Your excuse for Mobi could be an excuse for every single app and the OS and the phone.

Give me a break.

chris122380

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2021, 08:47:48 pm »
You sound like a Mobi employee. How funny you defend everything and are so defensive when the feedback isn't positive!

No one asked for text to speech or a new file manager first and foremost. The android file picker is not only fine but it achieves the same objective with less interaction and clicking. So yes this new useless file picker is unnecessary.

The firbase issue is well documented and known, not going to debate this with you, go look at that thread, but I'm sure you already have being a Mobi employee.

Don't insult Microsoft, Mobi can only wish they had a fraction of the market share of MS.

Mobi is good at ignoring user requests and throwing unwanted features like this and their absurd office suite alternative for paid users who called them out on it. They try very hard to push what users don't ask for but ignore what people have requested over the years.

I'm not a mobi employee just a AquaMail user like everyone else. The text to speech feature was requested back before AquaMail was sold to Mobi.

I have no issues with the file picker and I actually like it better than the Android default file picker. However everyone has their thoughts on it therefore they should allow the user to disable it.

chris122380

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2021, 08:50:22 pm »
For me it's annoying. I would love an option to get to the system file picker directly.

Imagine every app had an own file picker. There is no need.

I agree with giving the option to turn off the new file picker for the default one in settings. I have already emailed AquaMail with my suggestion and you should do the same.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 08:53:01 pm by chris122380 »