Author Topic: Quick change of dark mode for messages  (Read 2564 times)

mkgtu

Quick change of dark mode for messages
« on: January 01, 2021, 05:55:22 am »
I've edited/deleted the original content of this post and the following because I discovered that the requested addition of a toggle to quickly and temporarily turn off dark mode for an individual message ALREADY EXISTS! It was way down at the bottom of all those menu icons in the mail view, a little "light bulb" icon, labelled "Enable white back ground"
   I've moved it to the top. Comes in handy when AM renders the color inversions in such a way that you can't read some items.
   I swear I hunted through those icons numerous times looking for something like this, and I missed it every time! My bad.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 05:10:45 am by mkgtu »

mkgtu

Re: Quick change of dark mode for messages
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2021, 02:19:28 am »
Here's an example of a message where AM basically blacked out all the headlines in dark mode, but you can quickly revert the message to light mode and make it readable. The change is temporary, just while you're reading the message. All other messages are still dark, and if you come back to this one later, it will also be dark again.
   Gmail app does it the same way. (Though GMail rendered this message correctly and readably in dark mode!)

First screenshot: dark message with blacked out headlines, and showing the toggle to revert to white background.

Second screenshot: same message now readable with white background

Third screenshot: same message in Gmail dark mode, everything readable, no need to toggle to light mode
« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 03:31:21 am by mkgtu »