Author Topic: Reply all should use cc field  (Read 1399 times)

bremenpl

Reply all should use cc field
« on: December 29, 2020, 05:10:34 pm »
Hello there,
In gmail web client, when I receive an email from John and Terry is in the CC, I reply all and have John in To field and Terry in CC as well. In Aquamail, when I reply all everyone goes to To field (both John and Terry), noone goes to CC. Is there a way to change this behavior?

bremenpl

Re: Reply all should use cc field
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2020, 06:46:48 pm »
Actually you are right. I am in fact talking avout the second case you are describing. Im not sure if it makes sense every time. Furthermore, consider this case:

John sends a message to Terry. He puts me and Wendy in the cc section. When I reply all, John and Terry goes into the To section and Wendy to cc section. This logic does not really makes sense. It does make sense in only few cases I would say. Normally when Im in cc and I want to reply all, I want to do that for the sender, not his original recipient (my message is not to Johns recipient, Terry).

Now this case is most troublesome for me:
John sends a message to me, Terry and Wendy (To section). When I answer all, I would expect that only John will be in the To section while Terry and wendy will go to the CC section. Instead, I answer to all 3 of them (To section).
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 06:51:17 pm by bremenpl »

mikeone

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2020, 07:32:56 pm »
Unfortunately , I have removed my previous comment :(

John sends a message to Terry. He puts me and Wendy in the cc section. When I reply all, John and Terry goes into the To section and Wendy to cc section.

"Reply all" will set John (the original sender) and Terry (the original recipient) into the "To" field, since these two people talk to each other about the content to which you additionally contribute with your "Reply all.

Wendy (as original in "cc") remains in "cc".

Now this case is most troublesome for me:
John sends a message to me, Terry and Wendy (To section). When I answer all, I would expect that only John will be in the To section while Terry and wendy will go to the CC section. Instead, I answer to all 3 of them (To section).

This case is identically in my opinion:

John (the original sender) , Terry and Wendy (both the original recipients) are all in the "To" field, as they should be informed directly about your input.

However, these are just my thoughts. <3

bremenpl

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2020, 07:56:26 pm »
I think there should be a setting in the aquamail client to afjust this.