Author Topic: Compressed Compose Window on Galaxy Tab S7 11"  (Read 2546 times)

gadgetfreak

Compressed Compose Window on Galaxy Tab S7 11"
« on: December 15, 2020, 11:59:42 pm »
I just upgraded my tablet from a Tab S5e to a Tab S7. I was testing an Ipad Air 4 as well but am staying with Android mostly because of AquaMail - there is really nothing else like it that does all the small little things I want. Only on the new Tab S7, when I compose a new message, the window is compressed on both the right and the left sides - there is a huge black border on both sides. On the Tab S5e (and of course on my Galaxy S10e phone), the compose window fills from left to right. I couldn't find any setting for this and an uninstall/reboot/reinstall didn't fix it either. Nothing seems to be mentioned on the forums (that I could find). Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Radoslav Stoyanov

• AquaMail QA
  • Global Moderator
Re: Compressed Compose Window on Galaxy Tab S7 11"
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2020, 12:36:05 am »
Hey,
Could you post some screenshots or send us some at support /at/ aqua-mail /dot/ com

We'd love to see how it looks and assist you. :)

Regards,
Radoslav
AquaMail QA Team

gadgetfreak

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2020, 02:35:40 am »
See attached. I took a screenshot from my tablet, e-mailed it to myself, and then blurred my e-mail address. The keyboard automatically gets hidden when I take a screenshot and it leaves that huge empty space on the bottom. But more concerning are the black spaces on the left and right. I tested it with a white theme and also removing the pure black option but the spacing is still there. Thanks for the quick response.

melmacme

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2021, 09:35:35 pm »
I'd support the above question having the same problem with S7+. Moreover, I use a hardware keyboard and would love to see an editing area for my message instead of that dark space at the bottom (which works fine with software keyboard in portrait mode on smaller screens). Please let me know in case you may require any other screenshots or dumps.
You support is greatly appreciated!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 09:38:12 pm by melmacme »

gadgetfreak

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2021, 02:19:49 pm »
I gave back my Tab S7 and am using an IPad now. A lack of Aqumail on the iPad may have me switching back again. Before I do, have any progress been made on this issue?