Author Topic: Version 1.27.0-1705 - Staged rollout for 25% of the users on Google Play  (Read 16132 times)

mmerlin

Re: Version 1.27.0-1705 - Staged rollout for 25% of the users on Google Play
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2020, 11:54:38 am »
Hi Radoslav,

This sounds as good solution and huge thanks for considering the feedback :-) Completely appreciate new things always come with some resistance but great to see you listen and try to meet the needs of customers :)

One thing I was wondering - there are two buttons - Reply and Reply Only. What is the difference?

ksuuk

« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2020, 11:55:29 am »

As with all big changes in some apps there is almost always some negative feedback. We had to remove some of the message view menu features as not a lot of users were using them, and putting them again inside of the menu would take up too much space.

Please tell us exactly how did Aqua Mail figure out what users are using and what not?

arf8

« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2020, 11:59:31 am »
@arf8
If you are interested in getting the latest build which still uses the old UI, just send me a PM  ;)

Thanks I reverted back to the rev I had before the update and will stick with it till they sort out the issues. Always backup the apk before any update just in case. The one thing AM did right is the backup and restore option.

Cheers

arf8

« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2020, 12:02:29 pm »
eems like you guys had plenty of feedback during beta and decided to still proceed and force these changes to only get more backlash and angry loyal users reverting to previous revs.

Perhaps it would be to your company benefit in the future to listen to feedback in beta release.

I'm pleased to hear you are making these changes. I hope they show up sooner than later.

One thing not many have mentioned is the new menu bar at the bottom is slightly taller than the previous one. Real estate on a small phone screen is critical. No need for empty dead space on the menu bar on the bottom. Reduce this bar to the previous size or smaller.

mmerlin

« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2020, 12:06:49 pm »
Folks, let's be positive. It is impossible to make EVERYBODY happy. But I truly appreciate the team listens and TRIES to improve / incorporate feedback that fits to their product vision and strategy - let's give them credit for that - for me that's a thumbs up :-)

ksuuk

« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2020, 01:31:49 pm »
But I truly appreciate the team listens and TRIES to improve / incorporate feedback that fits to their product vision and strategy - let's give them credit for that - for me that's a thumbs up :-)

Correct way is ask before and act later, now they did it vice versa and such behavior does have consequences.

mmerlin

« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2020, 01:37:06 am »
Assume you noticed the new version fixed most (or all) of the complaints. Very nice :-)