Author Topic: The new message view menu  (Read 2054 times)

vas

The new message view menu
« on: November 18, 2020, 08:28:43 am »
Hello!

Frankly speaking I don't like the new graphical menu under the message. I liked the text-based menu much better, it was concise and clean. Now a whole screen of icons looks crazy.

Is there a way to return to the old text-based menu?

phred

Re: The new message view menu
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2020, 06:15:41 am »
Backup your settings and accounts and roll back to an earlier version.

mkgtu

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2020, 06:41:08 pm »
I agree and had commented in another thread before this latest update. The text based list (see screenshot) was much, much easier to deal with. The new field of dozens of tiny icons, with almost unreadable labels, in no particular sort order,  IS really crazy.
   And I am now using an older 1.26 version but that's not a solution because you miss out on other feature updates and fixes. A "solution" would be an option: "list view" or "icon view". Lots of apps offer that kind of option. And AM's specialty seems to be customization and options, right?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

vas

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2020, 08:52:32 am »
Backup your settings and accounts and roll back to an earlier version.

Unfortunately it is not an option:
  • It is not easy to freeze a version using standard app installation tools (Google Play in my case)
  • I don't want a frozen outdated app, I want new features and bugfixes

vas

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2020, 08:57:12 am »
I agree and had commented in another thread before this latest update.

Can you please give a link to this comment?

The text based list (see screenshot) was much, much easier to deal with. The new field of dozens of tiny icons, with almost unreadable labels, in no particular sort order,  IS really crazy.
   And I am now using an older 1.26 version but that's not a solution because you miss out on other feature updates and fixes. A "solution" would be an option: "list view" or "icon view".

I thought maybe I had missed this option and it was really there, but seems like it's not configurable?