Author Topic: Version 1.27.0-1705 - Full Google Play release  (Read 9833 times)

arf8

Re: Version 1.27.0-1705 - Full Google Play release
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2020, 06:39:28 pm »
Well that settles it, time to cert sign. It is a shame they won't take feedback from us.

mkgtu

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2020, 06:41:11 pm »
Also note several complaints in Play Store that the FULL SCREEN view has been removed in 1.27.0. I hadn't noticed that because I didn't keep the new version long enough to notice it! But I do use Full Screen from time to time. I'd miss it for sure.
 Wonder what else is missing.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

arf8

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2020, 12:40:46 am »
The buttons at the top has Zero value, bring back full screen and remove the buttons at the top. Simple

mikeone

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2020, 01:02:49 am »
Also note several complaints in Play Store that the FULL SCREEN view has been removed in 1.27.0. I hadn't noticed that because I didn't keep the new version long enough to notice it! But I do use Full Screen from time to time. I'd miss it for sure.
 Wonder what else is missing.

For information only:
The fullscreen mode is still available with build 1.27.0-1695
 8)

mkgtu

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2020, 03:47:43 am »
Noted, but of course that's not the final, stable version currently available in the Play Store, which is 1.27.0 - 1705

Reviews say full screen is no longer available in that one, and a developer reply acknowledges that fact, saying it was one of the least frequently used features but that they might consider adding it again in the future.

I don't understand the problem of infrequently used features. There are so many features and customizations available in this app that there must be a lot that have only niche appeal and are infrequently used. Still nice to have for those that need them.

Could be that full screen was not often used because it's hard to access on the fly - have to find it in the list of extra options in the overflow menu. And then when you use it the bottom row of bottons disappears and you have to turn off full screen to access the buttons to maybe delete an email or reply, then go through the hassle of turning full screen on again.

So maybe it was infrequently used because the implementation was poorly designed, making it too hard to access. I know that's why I don't use it very often, though I'd like to. Might have been better to ask "why" it was not being used and then improve it.

Radoslav Stoyanov

• AquaMail QA
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2020, 11:43:47 am »
Hi all,

As with all big changes in some apps there is almost always some negative feedback. We had to remove some of the message view menu features as not a lot of users were using them, and putting them again inside of the menu would take up too much space. We're going to make some future changes for the menu:

• We're going to return the Move to Archive button option inside of the new menu
  • We're going to return the Spam button option inside of the new menu
  • We're going to return the White background option inside of the new menu 
  • We'll remove the icons on top of the message bar, where the Account name and folder used to be
  • As we remove the buttons from the message bar, we'll return the Account name and folder names

We're considering on improving the full screen mode, but we'll need some time to get some ideas on how we can improve the mode itself. We're listening to all user feedback that we receive, as it is always valuable for us to develop the app the way our users want it to be. 

Regards,
Radoslav
AquaMail Team
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 11:47:11 am by Radoslav Stoyanov »
AquaMail QA Team

arf8

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2020, 11:57:42 am »
Seems like you guys had plenty of feedback during beta and decided to still proceed and force these changes to only get more backlash and angry loyal users reverting to previous revs.

Perhaps it would be to your company benefit in the future to listen to feedback in beta release.

I'm pleased to hear you are making these changes. I hope they show up sooner than later.

One thing not many have mentioned is the new menu bar at the bottom is slightly taller than the previous one. Real estate on a small phone screen is critical. No need for empty dead space on the menu bar on the bottom. Reduce this bar to the previous size or smaller.

Justin

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2020, 02:34:54 pm »
We had to remove some of the message view menu features as not a lot of users were using them,

How do you know that only few paying pro users used them? Was there a poll? Or did you even track our usage? I'm mssing some buttons.

• We're going to return the Move to Archive button option inside of the new menu

Personally I like the few buttons at the top. So I can put other buttons in bottom bar.

mkgtu

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2020, 09:58:41 pm »
Hi all,

As with all big changes in some apps there is almost always some negative feedback. We had to remove some of the message view menu features as not a lot of users were using them, and putting them again inside of the menu would take up too much space. We're going to make some future changes for the menu:

• We're going to return the White background option inside of the new menu 
  • We'll remove the icons on top of the message bar, where the Account name and folder used to be
  • As we remove the buttons from the message bar, we'll return the Account name and folder names

We're considering on improving the full screen mode, but we'll need some time to get some ideas on how we can improve the mode itself. We're listening to all user feedback that we receive, as it is always valuable for us to develop the app the way our users want it to be. 

Regards,
Radoslav
AquaMail Team
First of all, thank you for responding to and addressing some of these requests/ complaints.

Seems to be a lot of real estate in that top bar. Don't know why a few buttons couldn't co-exist with the account info on the left. But if they can't, then I'd prefer the account info.
   Also if you put a few buttons at top, and they're fixed - ie not customizable - at least let them also be available at the bottom if a user prefers to put some if them there, especially things like Archive and Move/Copy to Folder or Spam. Duplication isn't always a bad thing.
   Personally I could live with things like Spam at the top because I rarely use it. Everything from  several accounts comes through my main Gmail account and Google and FastMail weed out 99.9% of spam before it ever gets to Aqua Mail. But that may not be the case for others.
   But being able to customize (or toggle on/off) those three top icons, probably through settings, would be ideal.
   You might also consider the option of more buttons on the first row of the bottom toolbar. I use an app that puts shortcuts in the notification/status bar (cf screenshot) and I can always put nine (9) icons in each row, though I now have only 8, without ever accidentally hitting the wrong one. The bottom bar of  the oldrr 1.26.0 version only has 5 buttons plus the 3-dot overflow, with lots of blank space between them. A couple more frequently use buttons would be nice. Just be sure nothing goes in the top row that a user didn't put there. (Right now if you remove a button another "unwanted" one slides automatically into it's place. Shouldn't be hard. I have lots of apps, including in the screenshot, that work that way. Nothing in those rows that I didn't put there.
   And I agree with the poster who said maybe that bottom bar is a bit tall.
   And thank you also for considering some kind of improvement to future implementation of full screen mode. As I've mentioned before, at the moment (or before it was eliminated) turning it on was buried a bit deep in a subsection of the overflow menu. Maybe an available icon in the lower bar, or even one at the top, would make it easier to access.
   Also in full screen you might consider leaving the lower bar visible or easily accessible by dragging up its handle so that you could use Reply or Delete buttons without having to exit full screen. That bottom bar doesn't take up much room (at least it didn't in the old UI!). It's the top section that uses up a quarter to a third of the screen in normal mode. Getting rid of just that in full screen mode is a big help.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 10:03:10 pm by mkgtu »

AquaMailDC

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2020, 03:59:16 pm »
BUG - Latest version (1.27.0-1705) - Android custom account color defaults to AM blue on opening an email

https://www.aqua-mail.com/forum/index.php?topic=7969.0

So my AM has recently updated to the latest version of 1.27.0-1705.  I am running pure Android (which is also the latest version on a Pixel 4 XL - Android 11, Security Update 5 Nov 2020).

If you have custom account color set on a mailbox when going into the mailbox the color is correct (your custom one), but once you click on an email to view it the viewed email color changes to the AM default blue.  Swipe left or right to read the previous/next email and the color then changes to your custom (correct color).

Have let auto correct correct colour to be color :)

UPDATE:  This has now been fixed in v 1.27.1-1714
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 06:56:58 pm by AquaMailDC »