Author Topic: Version 1.27.0-1705 - Full Google Play release  (Read 9793 times)

Radoslav Stoyanov

• AquaMail QA
  • Global Moderator
Version 1.27.0-1705 - Full Google Play release
« on: November 02, 2020, 04:19:34 pm »
Hi all,

The update has been released on Google Play for all users.

+ Revamped the Message View menu with a brand new and fresh design.
+ Copy messages - You can now Copy messages from folder to folder.

Мы рады сообщить что версия 1.27.0-1705 была выпущена в Google Play для всех пользователей.

+ Обновленное меню просмотра сообщений с новым и свежим дизайном (можно изменить по своему усмотрению с помощью перетаскивания)
+ Копирование сообщений - По многочисленным просьбам теперь вы можете копировать сообщения из папки в папку.

Regards,
Radoslav

AquaMail QA Team

jjmcgaffey

Re: Version 1.27.0-1705 - Full Google Play release
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2020, 02:54:11 am »
I posted in the message thread about the staged rollout. I now see the three icons on the top bar - my two requests and someone else's (Mark Unread, Move to Folder, Archive). However, putting them up there (instead of leaving them on the bottom bar, where I'm used to looking for them) has wiped out the info about what account and folder the email I'm in belongs to. I have four email accounts and many folders - that's necessary information to me.

I'd prefer if you simply made those buttons available on the bottom bar, by making the one-tap buttons for Next and Previous movable (the others apparently can be replaced, why lock in those two?!). But if for some reason you insist on having them on the top instead, that will be OK IF you can put back the account and folder info.

mkgtu

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2020, 03:48:54 am »
I also don't like those "archive" and "folder" buttons at the top. I've always had them at the bottom. ANYTHING (especially frequently used) buttons at the top are very hard to get to on a 6.9 inch screen. My fingers just aren't that long!
   And now they aren't available to be placed at the bottom at all!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

jacan

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2020, 06:35:27 am »
One of the main deciding factors that made me move to AquaMail a few years was the bottom action bar so I can use my phone with one hand, it was so easy to archive email on Gmail with just one click on the bottom.
Now with this version I see that the archive icon has been moved to the top, y really like the new view and the new bottom action bar, but it doest make sense to me not to include archive in the bottom actions. I respect your desicion but from a end user visual design doesn't make sense to me.

arf8

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2020, 06:47:06 am »
Concur with the rest, fix this and release an update. I'm reverting back to older version.

mkgtu

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2020, 07:11:34 am »
I should have added to my previous post - a couple above this - that due to these new message view issues I have also reverted back to version 1.26.0 until and unless these things are changed.
   Sorry, but they just make no sense to me at all. I want to be able to put any button I want on the bottom bar, like before. What was wrong with that? It didn't need improving. I don't want any buttons at the top unless they are rarely accessed.
   I scroll through email with my right thumb always over the Archive button - which I have on the bottom right - and my left thumb over the delete button - which I have on the bottom left edge. Then in the middle I keep the Reply, Reply All, and Forward buttons. These are all functions I use constantly. I don't want to keep jumping from top to bottom.
    Even newer versions of Android browsers (Edge, Firefox, Brave, and soon Chrome) have begun to put most of the frequently used controls at the bottom of the screen, as an option at least. Phones have just gotten too big to be keeping stuff at the top. (And navigation controls at the top of the screen is what I hate most about my iPad. Apple is just a weird world.)

bloodbass

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2020, 08:38:07 am »
has wiped out the info about what account and folder the email I'm in belongs to. I have four email accounts and many folders - that's necessary information to me.

I'd prefer if you simply made those buttons available on the bottom bar

I agree. And in addition to the above - the top bar is not painted in the color specified in the mailbox properties, as it was before, but uses the general color.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 08:41:04 am by bloodbass »

arf8

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2020, 08:43:29 am »
Never understand why developers think it is okay to revert useful features in favor of new options. One step forward two back. Hopefully they undo the changes. The only benefit of Aqua is the vast options, start taking away the useful ones and see user base leave along with profits

Nigelmay

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2020, 01:06:21 pm »
I have a separate issue with the latest version - probably my stupidity but I can't sort it out. In message view the bar at the bottom used to have delete, reply, reply all and forward, which were the ones I use. Now, whenever I try to restore those actions, it tells me the previous and next icons cannot be moved. I can add the 'forward' icon, but it doesn't stick and the options revert to delete, reply, reply all, previous and next.

The idiot's guide to sorting this out please.

Justin

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2020, 03:52:32 pm »
by making the one-tap buttons for Next and Previous movable (the others apparently can be replaced, why lock in those two?!).

Look here:

I can't remove the menu buttons "previous" and "next" from message view: "... can't be removed". 

You can disable those buttons. Please navigate to Settings -> Swiping -> Enable/Disable Show icons too

Nigelmay

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2020, 03:59:03 pm »
No, that doesn't work. The previous and next icons are still there and a pop-up tells me "previous can't be moved" when I try to add Forward to the bottom bar in message view.

Nigelmay

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2020, 04:04:29 pm »
Sorted it - I had unchecked the box in Swiping "Swipe to previous/next message" as well as unchecking the "Show icons too" box. If I leave the "Swipe to previous/next message" box checked, the icons disappear. Counter-inuitive to me, but there you are. Problem solved.

mkgtu

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2020, 07:27:10 pm »
Just noticed what previous poster has added (in another thread). If you flick upward from the lower part of screen to scroll through a long message, it's way too easy to accidentally roll up that bottom bar full of icons.
   Add to that that at least on my Samsung phone, I'm  able to replace the lower navigation buttons by hiding them and just swiping up from the bottom of the screen in the general area of those previous bottons to "go back", "go to home screen", or "recent apps". So if I swipe up from the center bottom of screen to go "home", I may instead be expanding that lower option bar.

That's in addition to all the other complaints.

Also liked someone's suggestion to offer an option to use either the new or old (call it "legacy") message view. If AM is all about options, then make this an option.

arf8

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2020, 09:37:38 am »
Let's see if the developer values user feedback

mkgtu

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2020, 06:36:46 pm »
FYI
Got this reply in an email:

"We don't plan to return the old UI or offer an option where it's still there alongside the new UI. The feedback we've received has been mostly positive with the few issues noted by most users (like the top part, prev/next buttons, etc.) being discussed right now so we can make changes in a future version."

Kind Regards,
Martin Markov
Support Team