Author Topic: Version 1.27.0-1705 - Staged rollout for 25% of the users on Google Play  (Read 16201 times)

ksuuk

Re: Version 1.27.0-1705 - Staged rollout for 25% of the users on Google Play
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2020, 11:06:44 am »
As this "Revamped the Message View menu with a brand new and fresh design" actually involved also a lot other things and downgrade is a pain (I have to adjust all calendars etc again), so I suggest to make this new layout optional, so that users can choose either the old or the new layout.

annieb

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2020, 05:25:00 pm »
Please can someone advise me how i roll back to the previous version. I don't like the new message view layout. I find myself scrolling my message and accidentally bringing up the bottom bit with all the icons. Also, I used to have a flat design (still use the original classic design from ages ago) but now I have a shadow and curved edges. Don't like this at all.

mmerlin

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2020, 05:33:53 pm »
I don't think there is an easy way to roll back unless you made apk backup. Also if you do, Google play will continue forcing you to update. There is no way to exclude one app from updates (unless you do updates manually).

ksuuk

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2020, 05:58:20 pm »
Please can someone advise me how i roll back to the previous version. I don't like the new message view layout. I find myself scrolling my message and accidentally bringing up the bottom bit with all the icons. Also, I used to have a flat design (still use the original classic design from ages ago) but now I have a shadow and curved edges. Don't like this at all.

Do conf export, uninstall, get previous stable - https://www.aqua-mail.com/download/AquaMail-market-1.26.0-1689-stable-02f7b066f.apk install, import conf.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 06:01:55 pm by ksuuk »

annieb

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2020, 06:41:16 pm »

Do conf export, uninstall, get previous stable - https://www.aqua-mail.com/download/AquaMail-market-1.26.0-1689-stable-02f7b066f.apk [nofollow] install, import conf.

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I don't know how to install an apk so I'll just have to live with the changes.

mkgtu

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2020, 07:20:48 pm »
Just noticed what previous poster has added. If you flick upward from the lower part of screen to scroll through a long message, it's way too easy to accidentally roll up that bottom bar full of icons.
   Add to that that at least on my Samsung phone, I'm  able to replace the lower navigation buttons by hiding them and just swiping up from the bottom of the screen in the general area of those previous bottons to "go back", "go to home screen", or "recent apps". So if I swipe up from the center bottom of screen to go "home", I may instead be expanding that lower option bar.

That's in addition to all the other complaints.

I liked the suggestion to have a choice of message view layouts: the new one for those who like it and the old one - a legacy layout - for those who don't.
    If AqusMail is all about options and customization, then provide an option for this.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

mkgtu

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2020, 08:51:54 pm »
I don't think there is an easy way to roll back unless you made apk backup. Also if you do, Google play will continue forcing you to update. There is no way to exclude one app from updates (unless you do updates manually).

Yes, you can exclude individual apps from being updated. On the individual app's page in Google Play Store, tap the three dots in upper right corner, then check or uncheck the auto update option that appears. The app will then not be automatically updated. And if you manually choose "update all" from a manual list, then Google will ask you to manually confirm any updates for apps that are excluded from auto-update. Just choose "skip" or "cancel" to each inquiry.

arf8

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2020, 09:40:44 am »
You can also still maintain automatic updates for all apps except for AM if you re-sign the cert it will be excluded from Google play.

Let's see if it developer listens to the user feedback first.

mkgtu

« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2020, 07:13:36 pm »
You can also still maintain automatic updates for all apps except for AM if you re-sign the cert it will be excluded from Google play.

Let's see if it developer listens to the user feedback first.
Curious what you mean by "cert sign". That may be better than what I described above about just unchecking the auto-update option for individual apps. Though in that case all the rest of the apps still do auto-update as usual. The only ones excluded are those you've chosen to exclude, and those still appear in the update-all list; they just don't actually get updated unless you choose them manually. But I like the fact that they still appear in the list as a way of reminding me, in case I want to check out a new version.

I do this with apps whose recent updates have either caused problems or are just not to my liking. Currently, in addition to AM, I also have TuneIn Radio on the no-update list because in the last two versions the Sleep Timer is not working. When they fix it - and they do say they're working on it - then I'll go back to auto-update for that app.
  But I like to keep it in the main update list so I don't forget about it. I wouldn't want to use a method that made it "disappear" from the Store.

And I use Buggy Backup to keep three past apk versions of all apps, so it's easy to revert to older versions after uninstalling a problem child. (Or you can find older versions on APK Mirror)

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

arf8

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2020, 12:42:40 am »
There is a way to sign the apk to bypass the play receiver, but doing so will not notify you of updates

arf8

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2020, 12:45:11 am »
Concur 100%, reverted back to older version as a result of this mess

+1

I will stick with 1.27.0-1695 for now.

Sadly the developer has told another user they don't plan on fixing the issues we report. Shame

mikeone

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2020, 01:10:10 am »
@arf8
If you are interested in getting the latest build which still uses the old UI, just send me a PM  ;)

Mukossan

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2020, 08:39:05 am »
Concur 100%, reverted back to older version as a result of this mess

+1

I will stick with 1.27.0-1695 for now.

Sadly the developer has told another user they don't plan on fixing the issues we report. Shame
Can you share what they wrote?

Radoslav Stoyanov

• AquaMail QA
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2020, 11:49:47 am »
Hi all,

As with all big changes in some apps there is almost always some negative feedback. We had to remove some of the message view menu features as not a lot of users were using them, and putting them again inside of the menu would take up too much space. We're going to make some future changes for the menu:

• We're going to return the Move to Archive button option inside of the new menu
  • We're going to return the Spam button option inside of the new menu
  • We're going to return the White background option inside of the new menu 
  • We'll remove the icons on top of the message bar, where the Account name and folder used to be
  • As we remove the buttons from the message bar, we'll return the Account name and folder names

We're considering on improving the full screen mode, but we'll need some time to get some ideas on how we can improve the mode itself. We're listening to all user feedback that we receive, as it is always valuable for us to develop the app the way our users want it to be. 

Regards,
Radoslav
AquaMail Team
AquaMail QA Team