Author Topic: Version 1.27.0-1705 - Staged rollout for 25% of the users on Google Play  (Read 16187 times)

Radoslav Stoyanov

• AquaMail QA
  • Global Moderator
https://www.aqua-mail.com/download/AquaMail-market-1.27.0-1705-stable-c50ebefc2.apk

Hi all,

The update is currently visible for 25% of all devices, randomly picked by Google.

+ Revamped the Message View menu with a brand new and fresh design.
+ Copy messages - You can now Copy messages from folder to folder.

What's improved since the beta:
+ We've improved the new message view menu so that it doesn't take up so much space.
+ We've added a new hint that tells you that you can Drag & Drop the menu icons.

Обновление пока видно с 25% устройств, выбранных Google в случайном порядке.

+ Обновленное меню просмотра сообщений с новым и свежим дизайном (можно изменить по своему усмотрению с помощью перетаскивания)
+ Копирование сообщений - По многочисленным просьбам теперь вы можете копировать сообщения из папки в папку.

AquaMail QA Team

Justin

+ We've improved the new message view menu so that it doesn't take up so much space.
+ We've added a new hint that tells you that you can Drag & Drop the menu icons.

Thanks, but does not work on my tablet Samsung Tab S6 (Android 10). Still the "old" message view and menu. (Copy messages works.)

Instead there are still a lot of connections to "firebaseinstallations.googleapis.com" and also some to crashlytics. Though I disabled sending usage reports and crash reports. You promised in this forum that tracking modules will not be enabled in pro version.

When you will get it fixed?

Mukossan

Thanks, but does not work on my tablet Samsung Tab S6 (Android 10). Still the "old" message view and menu. (Copy messages works.)

Instead there are still a lot of connections to "firebaseinstallations.googleapis.com" and also some to crashlytics. Though I disabled sending usage reports and crash reports. You promised in this forum that tracking modules will not be enabled in pro version.

When you will get it fixed?
Also wondering when the trackers will finally be removed. Very convenient to avoid to reply to that same, old question over and over again.

Justin

@Radoslav Stoyanov
Next Problem, this time on phone Samsung S10+:

I can't remove the menu buttons "previous" and "next" from message view: "... can't be removed".

Since we can swipe from message to previous/next message, those buttons are useless. In previous versions of AquaMail I could remove and replace them.

Why this downgrade?

Please help. What to do? Stick with previous version of AquaMail or waiting until this is fixed? Thx.

Radoslav Stoyanov

• AquaMail QA
  • Global Moderator

The new message view menu works only with the One-panel UI for now, due to technical constraints. :) You can Enable/Disable it from Settings -> Look and Feel -> Two-panel UI

Also wondering when the trackers will finally be removed. Very convenient to avoid to reply to that same, old question over and over again.

Our developers are still investigating on why these trackers are enabled for our users.

I can't remove the menu buttons "previous" and "next" from message view: "... can't be removed".

Please help. What to do? Stick with previous version of AquaMail or waiting until this is fixed? Thx.

You can disable those buttons. Please navigate to Settings -> Swiping -> Enable/Disable Show icons too

Regards,
Radoslav
AquaMail QA Team

ksuuk

https://www.aqua-mail.com/download/AquaMail-market-1.27.0-1705-stable-c50ebefc2.apk

The update is currently visible for 25% of all devices, randomly picked by Google.

But You have not explained why mailbox name and account is removed in the message view? So please add them back

Screenshot added, left = old, right = new.

Justin

The new message view menu works only with the One-panel UI for now, due to technical constraints. :)

Thanks for clarification. This information was missing in changelog.

Our developers are still investigating on why these trackers are enabled for our users.

Thanks. You see, that this is important for many pro users here.

You can disable those buttons. Please navigate to Settings -> Swiping -> Enable/Disable Show icons too

Thanks again, helps. Didn't find it in that category. These icons have nothing to do with "swiping".
Better move in message view settings?

mmerlin

Re: Version 1.27.0-1705 - Staged rollout for 25% of the users on Google Play
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2020, 02:07:41 am »
Fully agree on the next/previous buttons. I'd never figure out that I need to change this setting - that is very confusing.

I'd like to ask for adding the "Archive" button to the list of available buttons down in the bar - for me that's the most used action and I'd love to have it available in the bottom right.

Thank you.

jjmcgaffey

Nope. In my settings, the swiping next and previous is disabled and the "show icons too" is grayed out. Both checkboxes are unchecked. If I check swipe to next/previous, I can check to show the icons - but since that's what I _don't_ want, it doesn't really help!

I do not want those icons. I want Mark Unread and Move to Folder, which I use _constantly_. It's nice to give us options (someone else might want another icon on the one-tap bar) - but putting functions that were immediately available so they require an extra swipe _every time_ they're used is really bad UI.

mmerlin

Nope. In my settings, the swiping next and previous is disabled and the "show icons too" is grayed out. Both checkboxes are unchecked. If I check swipe to next/previous, I can check to show the icons - but since that's what I _don't_ want, it doesn't really help!

I do not want those icons. I want Mark Unread and Move to Folder, which I use _constantly_. It's nice to give us options (someone else might want another icon on the one-tap bar) - but putting functions that were immediately available so they require an extra swipe _every time_ they're used is really bad UI.
It is SUPER confusing but apparently you have to enable the first setting - enable swipe and then the greyed out option will get enabled. You have to leave that unchecked and then those previous/next buttons disappear :-) Agree that normal human being would never guessed that this is how you hide them but that's what it is now...

jjmcgaffey

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2020, 03:03:31 am »
Thanks, mmerlin. That does get rid of them. Of course it leaves me with a function enabled that I'd deliberately disabled - the swiping happened too easily when I didn't want it to.

And in fact, the three icons that you and I asked for are one-tap available - they're just in an entirely new place, and have removed other info. The account and folder info at the top, that ksuuk is complaining about disappearing, has been removed to make room for those three icons (Move to Folder, Archive, Mark Unread). Not an acceptable tradeoff, to my mind - I need that info! When the email just says it's to "me", I need to know which of my four accounts and many folders it's to and in.

mmerlin

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2020, 03:13:11 am »
Agree. I like the idea of customizable buttons but don't understand why it was screwed by those tradeoffs that have absolutely nothing to do with the new functionality. So I think I'll summarize it for all if I say

1) please make previous / next buttons optional exactly like any other buttons without having to enable another features (swipe...)

2) add archive / move to folder to bottom buttons - again, without any other changes to other features

3) add back the info in the top

Right?

mkgtu

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2020, 04:08:59 am »
I'll second all of the above.

If you can swipe left or right to go to prev and next, who needs those arrows.

I've always had the "archive" and "forward" buttons at the bottom, and used the 3-dot at the bottom to access other functions - like "move to folder". Now the archive and folder buttons are permanently at the top - very hard to reach. And they aren't available as options at the bottom at all.

And of course the account and folder info at the top is gone! Bad idea.

And I really preferred the previous overflow (3-dot) at the bottom which brought up a vertical list of (text only) options very easy to scan through. I prefer that to the new screen full of tiny icons, and even tinier text, where you have to scan right to left horizontally over several rows of icons to find what you want. It probably looks "prettier", but I don't find it as practical and it slows down the search.

BOTTOM LINE: I've just rolled back to the previous 1.26.0 version till somebody fixes these deal breakers. I'll probably miss some other new features. But these mentioned here are everyday, all the time, features. The changes have ruined it for me.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

arf8

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2020, 06:52:16 am »
Concur 100%, reverted back to older version as a result of this mess

Agree. I like the idea of customizable buttons but don't understand why it was screwed by those tradeoffs that have absolutely nothing to do with the new functionality. So I think I'll summarize it for all if I say

1) please make previous / next buttons optional exactly like any other buttons without having to enable another features (swipe...)

2) add archive / move to folder to bottom buttons - again, without any other changes to other features

3) add back the info in the top

Right?

mikeone

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2020, 11:01:38 am »
Concur 100%, reverted back to older version as a result of this mess

+1

I will stick with 1.27.0-1695 for now.