Author Topic: Mail moved Outlook Archive to a live folder in Hotmail in wrong order  (Read 1525 times)

AquaMailDC

So I have a Hotmail mailbox account and I upgraded to a paid for account to include MS Office.  Installed the latest version of Office on my laptop and set up the Outlook client.

I decided to archive some of the mail in my mailbox to an archive (local PST) folder.  I then realised that I'd moved more than I wanted to and so then dragged some of the emails back to the folder that they had initially come from in my mailbox.

When viewing these emails in the AM client they show as newer emails and so the viewing timeline of the folder is now incorrect and I cannot search for words in these emails to find a historic email (just for the ones that have been archived and then moved back).

I assume that this is a bug in the way that AM displays the order of emails as it surely should use the sent/delivered date and time of an email for the order and not the date/time that they were moved back to the live mailbox from the PST file?

After moving the files from the PST back to the live mailbox folder and viewing them from the Outlook client on my laptop displays them as I would expect in historic order...just not in the AM client.  I've fiddled with the view settings in AM, but this does not resolve the issue.

Is there a fix for this?  Or a bug been created for it to be fixed in the AM client?

I am running the latest version of AM on a Pixel 4 XL

AquaMailDC

Re: Mail moved Outlook Archive to a live folder in Hotmail in wrong order
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2020, 01:49:47 pm »
OK.  So after trawling the forum I've found that this is all to do with the date system that AM uses and that there is a workaround, but you have to recreate your mailbox from scratch...so a bit of a pain to reset all other bits that I'd done previously  :(

So the headings are slightly different due to the latest version that I am using, but all found in the same areas.  Below is the copy and paste from the other thread that I found the fix on:

Putting it all together:

1 - You will need to add your new, migrated, mail account into Aqua one more time. Before saving the account, do not enable IMAP push yet (even if you would like to use it). It's necessary to adjust a couple settings first.

2 - Back on the main screen, and without tapping the account's sync button, long press the account -> "Options and folders".

3 - Under "IMAP options", change "Which message date/time to download" from "Date/time received" to "Date/time sent".

4 - Back out to "options and folders", open "Account options", and change "Messages to sync" to "By time period", picking some number of days (7 or 10 would be a good start).

5 - Back out to the main screen, tap the account's refresh, then enable push mail if desired.