Author Topic: inbox only shows limited number of emails 3 weeks back  (Read 2046 times)

robg

inbox only shows limited number of emails 3 weeks back
« on: September 22, 2020, 11:16:05 am »
my inbox shows only emails received for 3 weeks how can I see all email received without date limitation   for your information I have an android phone and use POP   I also have the sinc feature set to 5000 and to remember  to 10000
« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 12:41:51 pm by robg »

Ede

Re: inbox only shows limited number of emails 3 weeks back
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2020, 12:24:15 pm »
I guess thats the same problem I wrote in my posting! It seems that Aqua-Mail can only synchronize mails maximum 120 days backwards?
The default setting is 21 days - thats the reason why you see only the mails of the last 3 weeks (=21 days +/-)...

Ede

Justin

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2020, 10:35:23 pm »
With IMAP I can sync last 500 messages and store last messages. That's enough for doing every 15 min.

But of course I can scroll down and load more messages. So can go backmany years and thousands of messages

Ede

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2020, 05:49:32 pm »
Yes - but I fear this is not the case with an Exchange-Account...
Ede

mikeone

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2020, 02:18:34 pm »
Quote from AquaMail's FAQ-page:

Push mail for Exchange - "messages to sync" has to be "date based"

"Push mail for Exchange requires the “messages to sync” in that account to be set to a “date range” type value. The initial value when you add an Exchange account into the app is “21 days”.

Has to do with the technology that we use for push mail for Exchange.

Changing the “messages to sync” in an Exchange account to a “number” type value (e.g. “50 messages”) will turn off the “push mail” setting. Turning “push mail” back on will change the “messages to sync” to “21 days”.

With IMAP accounts, the technology is completely different, and there is no such requirement. In fact, for IMAP, sync by “message count” has somewhat better performance."

https://www.aqua-mail.com/faq

Ede

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2020, 05:06:28 pm »
Thanks!

Ede