Author Topic: Aqua Mail Pro re-install (POP3 with Gmail OAUTH2)  (Read 1215 times)

ralpheburns

Aqua Mail Pro re-install (POP3 with Gmail OAUTH2)
« on: August 30, 2020, 05:39:24 pm »
Hello Users –

I am migrating from an old Pixel3 to a replacement Pixel3, and can’t get AquaMail to add an email account the same way as before with my desired POP3.  My email is hosted by Google, but uses my own domain name.  With the newer Google OAUTH2  security settings, the password is fetched without saving to the AquaMail app.

Below are the settings screen captures from the OLD phone.  Note that I prefer POP3 to use my PC desktop computer with Outlook as master.  Selecting add account “Gmail or Google Apps” within AquaMail defaults to IMAP without the option to change.  I prefer POP3 to use the Android phone primarily as read-only, because I don’t want activity on the phone to change the read status of any emails to the desktop. 

Also I’ve been using the “recent:myname@mydomain.com” to make sure I get all incoming emails to the phone, even if first read on the PC.  This is a band-aid fix, a separate subject, and a little PIA because I get my sent emails to the Android AquaMail inbox, and I don’t need to see them there.

How do I get this AquaMail account re-created?  Can I do a manual POP3 install and then fetch the OAUTH2 password later?

Thanks! - Ralph