Author Topic: Delete internal contact list  (Read 2219 times)

tuxlinux

Delete internal contact list
« on: August 30, 2020, 07:04:53 pm »
Hey,
I'm trying to get rid of some outdated email addresses.
It seems, that those are coming from that internal contact list.

As I do NOT want that internal contact list, I'm looking for a way to delete this internal list.

By the way: what wired idea is behind that?
A contact list MUST be modifiable.
Also it MUST be clear communicated that such a list is build up. The book "1984" has to stay fiction, not a blueprint.

Radoslav Stoyanov

• AquaMail QA
  • Global Moderator
Re: Delete internal contact list
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2020, 10:16:58 am »
Hey,

AquaMail integrates with the device’s Contacts/People application (which is in turn synced with your device’s @gmail.com account(s) and other accounts you may have configured, such as Google+).

The app will display a drop-down list of matching contacts as you enter them in any of the recipient entry fields (after two characters), matching on names and emails.

You can also press the contact picking button to the left of each recipient entry field to bring up the app’s own contact picker. The built-in contact picker filters contacts by email, has search, and a group tab where you can pick a whole group or individual group members.

It also has a “recents” tab which shows email addresses from recent messages, regardless of their existence in the device’s Contacts/People app, and an Exchange tab (for Exchange accounts) also with search.

It’s also possible to use the system contact picker using the respective entry in the Menu when composing a message (or making it permanent in the app’s settings under Contacts) Since version 1.6.0, the app offers Exchange contacts (from the selected account) in auto-completion (enabled by default, can be disabled by long pressing on the account on the app’s main screen -> Exchange options).

The app can also offer actual recent emails (not saved in Contacts) in auto-completion (disabled by default, can be enable in app settings -> Contacts).

Cheers,
Radoslav
AquaMail QA Team

tux_linux

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2020, 05:26:29 pm »
There is a address labeled with this icon.
Don't tell me it's from my address book.
It's not in there.

The icon tells me that aqua mail did collect this personal data.

How can I delete this entry?

mikeone

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2020, 08:48:52 am »
As mentioned by Radoslov AquaMail offers the possibility to suggest addresses from recent messages:

It also has a “recents” tab which shows email addresses from recent messages, regardless of their existence in the device’s Contacts/People app

AquaMail found these addresses - using the autocomplete function - instantly in "recent" messages (There is no "built-in" address database).

You can check this as follows:

1. go to the main window of the app and use the search function

2. type in the "obsolete" address

3. aqua mail finds "instantly" the messages where the address is in the header (sender / recipient) or even in the message (text body)

4. delete this message(s)

5. now this address is no longer suggested by the autocomplete function

If you don't like this feature -> you can disable this option in the settings (also already mentioned by Radislav  ;) ):

The app can also offer actual recent emails (not saved in Contacts) in auto-completion (disabled by default, can be enable in app settings -> Contacts).

I hope these explanations clarify the behavior of the app.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 08:50:23 am by mikeone »