Author Topic: How do I subscribe to a folder of other user in Office365 accounts?  (Read 1927 times)

btrc

Hi,

on Office 365 we have a shared folder. In Linux Evolution the acocunt is added as EWS, there I was able to add that as "Subscribe to folder of other user", then I see "Foreign Folders -> Mailbox - Shared -> INBOX".

How can I do that in Aquamail? Here I have added the account as "Office365". Should I better configure it as EWS? I guess internall the Office365 type is using EWS, does it? How can I get the shared inbox, maybe a workaround by adding some additional EWS or Office365 account?

Radoslav Stoyanov

• AquaMail QA
  • Global Moderator
Re: How do I subscribe to a folder of other user in Office365 accounts?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2020, 05:58:44 pm »

There is a setting when adding an account, tap Manual and enter the shared folder's name on the next screen.

For an existing account, long press it (the account) and choose Account setup.
if you still have issues, feel free to contact us at support@aqua-mail.com

Cheers,
Radoslav
AquaMail QA Team

btrc

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2020, 10:47:56 am »
Hello, thank you very much. I prefer discussing here in public for letting other users follow.

I got it working by adding another duplicate account with the shared folders for the other account connected. Some issues with that:
  • This means that it is required to add a duplicate account for each shared folder. Please add this possibility within an EWS or Office365 account. Moreover while thinking about that, it requires to have the shared contents of the other account in mails, contacts and calendars. So having a complete duplicate account is not that bad if you can't provide all that in a single account. In that case it would be helpful to have an option "Duplicate account". The disadvantage would be that all the account settings such es EWS specific sync options of the duplicated accounts are not shared anymore.
  • Another disadvantage of adding another duplicate account for the shared folder: The SENT folder of both accounts is the same, while the INBOX of my own account are my mails and the INBOX of the other account is the shared INBOX. That means if I add the other INBOX to my SmartBox, I have all SENT mails duplicated in the list. Looking at the folder options of the other account there is an option to add its INBOX to the SmartBox, but no option to remove the SENT folder from the SmartBox.

btrc

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2020, 02:29:15 pm »
I noticed I already asked that some years ago: https://www.aqua-mail.com/forum/index.php?topic=5866.msg36883#msg36883