Author Topic: Star button for Office365 accounts has different behaviour  (Read 2820 times)

btrc

Star button for Office365 accounts has different behaviour
« on: August 06, 2020, 01:07:38 pm »
Hi,

I'm using the star button to have a synchronized marker for TODO-mails. This marker is synchronized via IMAP and results in the "Important" flag. The flag for Office365 accounts works different, they are marked as "Followup" and not "Important".
As 2nd client I'm using Evolution on Linux, connecting to IMAP and using EWS for Office365. I guess Aquamail is also using EWS internally for Office365, is that right?
Could you please make both accounts using the "Important" flag for flagging with the star button?

Best regards.

MarkMessinger

Re: Star button for Office365 accounts has different behaviour
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2021, 09:23:45 pm »
I'd like to echo this request.

I find that messages flagged in AquaMail appear in Outlook with No Date flags. That's okay. And if I un-flag the message, in AquaMail, it becomes un-flagged in Outlook.

However, if a message is first flagged in Outlook, it never shows as flagged in AquaMail. That's bothersome. I'm having to use the Outlook mobile app or the Microsoft To Do app, to handle flagged messages on my phone.

It gets more interesting: If I flag the email in Outlook, with a custom date, the message is not flagged in AquaMail. If I then flag the same message in AquaMail, the Outlook flag changes from its custom date, to No Date. Super-bothersome.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 09:35:31 pm by MarkMessinger »